|Badge System Design|
|Owner: Carla Casilli, Radhika Tandon||Updated: 2013-11-12|
|An open, dynamic reference and research wiki addressing badge system design.|
What is Badge System Design
Learning today happens everywhere, not just in the classroom. But it's often difficult to get recognition for skills and achievements that happen outside of school. Mozilla's Open Badges project is working to solve that problem, making it easy for anyone to issue, earn and display badges across the web -- through a shared infrastructure that's free and open to all. The result: helping people of all ages learn and display 21st century skills, unlock career and educational opportunities, and find new life pathways.
Get involved with Research + Badge System Design
- Join our weekly community calls
- Please join our weekly open, public Research + Badge System Design community calls on Wednesdays at 8am PT.
- The calls alternate between Research topics and Badge System Design topics. During these 60 minute calls we explore questions about both research and badge system design. We share our own thinking and our community members thinking about badge system design fundamentals, we highlight ongoing work, blog posts, and thoughts by community members. We also discuss what's new in the world of badging systems and research.
- We welcome active participation and encourage you to share your work, questions, and comments during these calls.
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Subscribe to our Open Badges google group. We'd like you to interact in the primary Open Badges google group: this is where you'll find active discussion of technical questions, philosophical conversation about badges, and badge-interested folks.
- Help us build our badge system design wiki
- We're pulling together all of the areas that a badge system touches upon or is affected by. You can help us construct this important resource. Simply go to the wiki page, log in and share your wisdom.
- Read our Whitepaper
- We wrote a whitepaper (on some of the initial thinking and framing about badge system design and we're still revising it based on community comments). Check it out!
- Read Research + Badge System Design blog posts
- Read this blog for regular posts about badge systems and badge pathways.
- Read this blog for updates on research thoughts.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Hashtags to follow include #openbadges and #badgesys
- IRC (Chat)
- Reach us on IRC at irc.mozilla.org, #badges
- Open Badges Definition of Terms
- Help us to build a common lexicon of digital badge terms
- Press & Research
- Help us to track press articles, blog posts, research, white papers, etc. on this Open Badges Communications google doc
- Press inquiries
- Contact email@example.com