Balrog/Meetings/CloudOps - July 12, 2016
- Best time of day?
- Anytime after nightlies finish writes (noon eastern). Planning to begin at 2pm ET.
- Planning for 1h window, but writes shouldn't be broken for that long if things go well.
- Order of operations
- Update SSL cert on admin box (bwong)
- Test admin box (bhearsum)
- Verify cert chain by hand b/c DNS won't match cert
- Double check netflows from some machines + VPN access
- Change CloudOps admin to rw user (bwong)
- Turn off writes in WebOps (bhearsum)
- Disable Puppet
- Disable Apache
- Clear out db creds
- Checksum tables in both (bhearsum+bwong)
- Enable writes in CloudOps (bwong)
- Verify that writes work in CloudOps (bhearsum)
- Flip over DNS (bwong)
- Verify by hand + automation (bhearsum)