Bangalore DevDay 2010/Web Standards/
The web platform continues to evolve, and is now the platform of choice for a variety of applications that run on different platforms, including mobile devices. With some organizations announcing a web-based operating system, it's time to look at all the new emerging platform capabilities that we're landing on the Open Web.
This talk will cover the "state of the web" today, including an overview of emerging implementations of HTML5 and other web technologies, such as:
- New Ajax APIs in IE8+, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
- Canvas and Video
- Drag and Drop, and the File API
- Graphical capabilities and
- CSS capabilities
Additionally, it will discuss the exposure of hardware-resident technologies to the web, which includes:
- Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics exposed to Canvas (WebGL)
- Device APIs including Geolocation, Orientation, and Multitouch
- The "general approach" we are going to take with respect to Device APIs
The talk is meant to be an overview of the web in 2010, and what the future holds in store for us.