< Breakpad | Status Meetings
- Partitioning post-mortem
- Quantifying where we need help?
- Plans for Socorro for rest of Q1
- bugzilla integration plans
- deliver on rest of reskin
- updates to streamline and optimize partitioning
- security check
- migrate old data
- unit tests
- prod/stage/dev - what do we need? Is this clear?
What went well?
- It's finished, people worked really hard, we accomplished something that is not easy
- Awesome that we can do quick restores, moving things to a faster disk drive
- Getting a copy of the production database so that Lars doesn't have to proxy through Aravind
- Really liked the screen idea, even though it was suspenseful
What can we do better?
- Restored wrong database copy, so had to back it out
- Second time we should have turned off the read logs, etc. so we don't fill up disk space
- Have a nagios check postgres slave isn't too far behind
- Try to tackle things with a forward-looking approach first instead of hanging ourselves up on migrating tons of data
- Testing, testing, tesgting -- getting the environments to do this testing
- Do agree that we need to have a dev database
- Staging should not be in the same scale as production
- OK if we don't have to test things on staging
- Haven't had a development environment that was like production
- If we get that, staging being just like production isn't a big problem
- Would like to set up tools in development environment for a QA person
- need a QA person
- could Frank be our QA person
- Staging - ok the way it is
- Dev - needs to be like production so devs can perform end-to-end tests
- QA - need to have someone involved from QA to help test things in the development env
What We Need Help With
- server configuration optimization, hardware optimization
- determine what type of replication (if any) we need to use moving forward
- write documentation based on above findings, wrap-up with team
- a year from now, what will we wish we would have done now? comments on strategy?
- strategy for migrating old data?