Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 11:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- there was a period of time where we incorrectly gzipped symbols
- not a huge concern at the time
- most of the tools that access them worked around it
- some manual processes fail on it
- peter is running a script to correct them
- script is moving, but slowly
- python2.7 is behaving differently on centOS vs OSX
- ted is going to use a different symbol processor on windows
- this new symbol processor is not robust to the incorrect zipping
- yesterday we were running two stage webheads accidentally
- old ec2 instance wasn't correctly terminated
- caused a bunch of static files errors
- new monitoring endpoint for checking crash-analysis
- steaming pile of legacy
- terrible practices for AWS
- cannot be upgraded in place
- users in there tinkering a bunch
- crons running all the time
- super manual to update
- 90s ops style
- monitoring is the first step
- next we try to kill the box
- we are closer to fully automating migration
- not there yet
- if you have concerns, talk to peterbe
- alerts on dangerous commits?
- bot to parse github commit messages and look for a tag that would trigger a mail to stability
- is there commitment from the team to use it if peterbe builds it?
- yes. r+
- could we do a similar one for bug closed?
- github maintains the bug closer
- we could turn that off, and have leeroybot read when a bug lands in a tag and then close
- JP made a dashboard: http://dashplay.io/0p98yofx+
- lonnen in Madison, WI
- lars in Seattle until Friday
- mbrandt in MV2 Sept 14 - 23.