30th IRC meeting: Tuesday, July 10th, 2007 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- 7 blockers (among which 3 security bugs) to fix before the releases of Bugzilla 3.0.1 and 3.1.1. No idea how long it will take, including QA.
- We will have to release 2.20.5 and 2.22.3 as well, due to security bugs.
- justdave and ghendricks will be at OSCON (July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, Oregon). They will be at Mozilla's booth on Thurday 26, from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. The topic is "Using Bugzilla software in open source and enterprise". justdave will blog after the conference about it.
- Bugzilla 3.0 has been downloaded 86,060 times since its release on May 9, 2007.
- In a future release, we plan to use [% terms.foo %] in templates at least for classifications, products and components, to be able to rename them more easily. Not sure we will do it for other fields, though.
- Since we released Bugzilla 3.0, many people are complaining about the new UI in show_bug.cgi, especially about fieldsets. Maybe should we propose a competition to redesign Bugzilla? Not everybody agrees. It seems that the UI will be changed again to be closer to what mconnor (who proposed the current UI used at b.m.o) and dolske suggested in their mockups. For the record, we had a previous discussion about how the new UI should look like.
- At least one component will be added to the Bugzilla product on b.m.o, which will include bugs related to incoming emails, such as email_in.pl.
- Today was our 30th meeting, but nothing to eat nor to drink. Firefox says drink:// and food:// are invalid protocols. :)
- Our next meeting will take place on August 7, same time, same place.