- 1 Build
- 2 Buildbot
- 3 Unittests
- 4 Talos
This page is a reference for (hopefully) all the unique strings that can cause a Tinderbox build to go either orange (TESTFAILED) or red (FAILED).
Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.
Here's the full error:
remoteFailed: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.]
This happens when a build slave disconnects from the buildbot master. Sometimes this is planned, sometimes not.
Individual test failure in a test that is expected to PASS. This error should be followed by the filename of the failing test, followed by a brief description of the error.
NEXT ERROR *** 71676 ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/toolkit/content/tests/widgets/test_popup_attribute.xul | Test timed out.
Unable to restore focus, expect failures and timeouts.
This error usually occurs after a TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL error leaves the browser in an unknown state. Check the logs for a previous error that might be responsible.
FAIL: failed to initialize browser
- brower failed to open for testing
- Can usually be resolved through talos machine reboot - so far has occurred in cases of platform corruption not browser issues
FAIL: browser failed to close after being initialized
- browser did not close upon initial browser open that initializes freshly created test profile. Can indicate that there are missing profile options that make closing impossible, otherwise is a browser regression
FAIL: browser crash
- crash during test observed by either the loss of the browser process or the appearance of a crashreporter process
FAIL: browser frozen
- browser failed to continue cycling through test pages - if a new test page isn't loaded within a given timeout the browser is considered frozen and the test is killed
FAIL: timeout exceeded
- test did not complete in a given amount of time, test is considered failed and killed
FAIL: previous cycle still running
- browser failed to close after an individual test cycle has completed (ie, browser didn't close after Ts and the next cycle of Ts cannot start)
FAIL: failed to cleanup
- slave was unable to properly remove browser processes and test profile after test completion. Can indicate issues with the slave itself as it should be able to kill everything off - may require slave reboot or, in rarer cases, slave re-image