This page should be used for planning SUMO documentation for the Calendar Project. If you would like to contribute, please contact a member of the team.
Here follow some suggestions on which areas of Calendar could be documented. This is by no means all, feel free to add more.
- "Getting Started with Thunderbird, Lightning and your Google Calendar" (i.e. update with permission Jonny's faq at: http://bfish.xaedalus.net/2007/04/stay-in-sync-with-gcal-and-thunderbird/ - a quick and concise summary of getting started and doing the most common tasks for the most popular calendar provider
- Possibly transfer some FAQ items from Calendar:GDATA_Provider
- How do I access <insert calendar provider here, i.e yahoo, google> ?
- How do I open an ICS file
- How do I subscribe to a remote calendar
- Explain different calendar types (caldav, webdav, ...)
- Main Calendar View
- Sorting Calendars in the Calendar List (DnD, Ctrl+Up/Down)
- Event Dialog
- How to create certain recurring events (custom)
- Custom alarms
- In which cases Email/SMS alarms are available
- Inviting attendees
- Show time as free / show time as busy
- Setting up Invitations (i.e the email in the calendar properties dialog)
- Using Freebusy
- Explain the Today pane
- Explain Import/Export
- Give an overview of all keyboard shortcuts, with a link to the Thunderbird Keyboard Shortcuts
- Migrating profile data between Sunbird and Lightning.
- Describe calendar-specific profile files
- Explain how to move Lightning calendars to Sunbird and vice versa
- See also: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_from_Sunbird_to_Lightning