Firefox Chat Service is messaging service that uses the Firefox Account keys to encrypt and sign message between people.
Principal Point of Contact (EU)
- Tarek Ziade firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexis Metaireau email@example.com
- Rémy Hubscher firstname.lastname@example.org
Having people being able to communicate using their phone or browser in a way that respects their privacy.
People can use one of their device to communicate with other people.
- People needs to log on the service using their Firefox Account.
- The Firefox Account assertion is used to register the public key on the server.
- The Firefox Account kB is used to build the public and private key for a user.
- 1. Alice register her public key on the FxChat server
- 2. Bob register his public key on the FxChat server
Alice wants to send a message to Bob
- 1. Alice get Bob's devices public keys on the FxChat server
- 2. Alice encrypt her message usign Bob's devices public keys mixed with a temporary key pair she just build for this message.
- 3. Alice send the message to the server with the temporary public key
- 3. The server send the message to all Bob's devices
- 4. Alice encrypt her message using her device public key to sync her messages upon all her devices.
- 5. Each time I receive a message, I register a new device public key on the FxChat server.