Available via Safari Books Online (as a Mozillian, you can get a free account).
These books are good as general technical overviews and useful for finding relevant current papers and articles.
- Essentials of Positioning and Location Technology, 2013
- Location-based Services Fundamentals and Operation, 2005
- Ubiquitous Positioning and Mobile Location-Based Services in Smart Phones, 2012
- WLAN Positioning Systems, 2012
- Mole: a Scalable, User-Generated WiFi Positioning Engine, 2012
- Geocompare: a comparison of public and commercial geolocation databases, 2011
- Practical Metropolitan-Scale Positioning for GSM Phones, 2006
- RADAR: An In-Building RF-based User Location and Tracking System, 2000
- Our own summary of the privacy related media coverage, 2013
- Yandex.Locator: It’s not about the whereabouts, 2013
- Dutch Data Protection Authority investigation into the collection of Wifi data by Google using Street View cars, 2010
- Microsoft locks down Wi-Fi geolocation service after privacy concerns, 2011