- Time: Wednesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 2J (JK)
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- scl2 status
- lots of v1.5 investigation
See yesterday's meeting notes for detailed status on projects.
- J-PAKE: Had to get another NSS patch together
- New crypto has landed (nightlies/1.6b1)
- 1.6b2 shipped with compat bump for bookmarks.
- 5 blockers left for b8
- Async places API spec done, still waiting on resources from Mobile to accelerate.
- 1.6b2 shipped to address issues in b1 and do the last compat changes (bookmarks only)
Notes and actions
- Toby to turn atoll's email to an external facing blog post.
- Need to resolve who's going to do the Places work.
- MConnor to review that QA has everything they need for testing when stuff lands on trunk.
- Ops needs to get numbers on how many concurrent activations to expect.
Fx 4 client
Fx 4 server
- Question raised about memcache redundancy. If we lose one memcache, we lose the ability to give out JPAKE tokens from *all* memcache servers. AI: atoll and tarek to figure out plan.
- Ragavan asks about QA test plan for b7->b8 upgrade?
- crypto testing spreadsheet seems to be crypto-focused which is good, but maybe not as general as desired?
- Atoll asks, how many jpake activations/sec will we commit to supporting on launch day?
- mconnor/rags to process ff4 launch estimates
Answered in bugs, seems to be resolved
- AI: MConnor to coordinate QA on JPAKE for both functional and failure modes in clustered memcache modes.
- AI: tarek to do some load testing against staging and come up with numbers.
- tarek: I ran them on dev (similar than stage): 1,250,000 Pake sessions per day with the current setup (1 pake session == 30 requests)
- need to bench on prod now
- AI: rnewman to get some numbers on how much better the perf is with the simplified crypto work.