- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Warp Core
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Technical
- 1.1 Ops
- 1.2 Engineering
- 1.2.1 Account Management Portal (Toby)
- 1.2.2 Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- 1.2.3 PAKE server (Tarek)
- 1.2.4 Identity Server (JR)
- 1.2.5 Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
- 1.2.6 Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.2.7 Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- 1.2.8 Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- 1.2.9 Notifications (Shane/Alex)
- 2 QA
- 3 Metrics
- 4 Product
- 5 Security
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Roundtable
Upcoming production work
Account Management Portal (Toby)
- Ready for deployment to production
- Still need to test forgot password flow (can't do that on stage)
Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- waiting for QA (QA wait for Ops)
- working on sreg
- reworked the ldap pool -- patch pending
PAKE server (Tarek)
- will hook a functional test@Stage + Dev in Hudson this week
Identity Server (JR)
- ID storage schema built in dev with SQLAlchemy with only minor hair loss and swearing.
- started work on sqlalchemy cheat sheet.
- JS Callback built (for rnewman's client)
- Complete account mgm't page
- Complete verify pages
- Complete heartbeat and status pages
- Talk of a major change in product reqs - needs clarification [jrconlin]; client work paused on this, too. [rnewman]
Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
App was submitted late last week and is still In Review.
Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- more numbers on more phones (Galaxy S, Droid 2)
- closer look at crypto, decrypting an item can take between 5 and 500 ms, suspecting GC
- proceeding to drill down on crypto, loops, fine-tuned batch sizes
- see https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Philikon/SyncInstrumentation for details
Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- no moar blawkers
- couple of livemark issues being reported, rnewman is looking into it
- bad client records cause Sync Errors, should consider silencing them (or even removing... bug 629463)
- Decided upon RabbitMQ with REST API adapter for server architecture
- Drew up draft spec for Notifications server API
- This week will be spent building basic functionality conforming to the new spec
- Waiting for go to test next gen server.
- Next QA pass at 1.6.3 to be done eod 2/22.
- Account Portal can be tested again, We'll hit the production setup wen it is ready.
- update per irc:
tchung: tarek, telliott: so what's the hold up on getting the nextgen server to qa? telliott: you mean for sreg? tchung: yea tchung: not clear in the meeting notes telliott: the new version doesn't talk the same version as the old one telliott: which we need to support in production tarek: tchung, the plan is to qa the storage server first telliott: the next generation of sreg doesn't have the same internal API telliott: and that's the version currently deployed to stage telliott: it's mostly compatible, but not in the forgot-password flow tchung: tarek, telliott okay, so whats the timeline for storage server, then sreg? telliott: that I don't know telliott: when we launch the new sreg server, we'll need to update account portal to reflect it tarek: for storage ask atoll tarek: for sreg I'll finish this week tarek: then it'll be in ops work pile I guess tchung: tarek: alright, please continue to keep tracy and i looped in. thanks tarek: sure, although I don't have any overview of ops agenda so I am not sure when you'll be able to QA storage atoll: account portal first, then storage
- Ongoing testing of sync against Fennec beta 5 and nightlies
- Security testing of Account Portal was stopped pending account portal functionality
- Mostly complete. Need to verify reg / sreg changes
- Account portal is now working. Security testing will be completed by Thursday 2/24
Notes and actions
- SCL2 - trekking along pretty well. Initial load tests revealed a few config issues and hardware issues.
- 3 hours to bring up a new rack.
- Still on track for live users the first week of March.
- Account portal waiting on security review. Security review should be done in 2 days.
- Account portal will be hosted on production Phoenix servers today, but won't be live. Security testing will happen once this done.
- Tracy and Toby have worked on a test plan for Account portal.
- Account portal will be live to go on March 1 for all users.
- AI: Thunder should be at this meeting.
- AI: Thunder should present at this meeting.
- AI: Thunder to communicate out specifics on recent spec changes and figure out what it means for our Q1 goals and MDN/web dev dependencies.
- Perf issues on mobile - Nexus S is the best device as far as perf concerned. Galaxy S and Droid 2 perf is still pretty crappy.
- GC may be an issue.