All Hands are a unique and special opportunity for all paid staff and our most impactful volunteers to come together, in person, to share experiences and interact with people they may not normally work with (or just see over Vidyo). Given our size, work weeks are a key differentiator for us (larger organizations just can't do this sort of thing in a meaningful way). Being able to come together as a whole organization, 2x each year, exposes each of us to interactions that may spark new ideas and/or lead to new solutions. They are a core part of our annual planning process.
Locations are selected with input from a small group of Mozillians based on a variety of factors the most significant of which is meeting space availability (need require more than a normal "conference") and number of rooms in close proximity to each other (so we are not spread out and thus limit the amount of serendipitous collision that is part of the work week magic).
- 2021 June 7-12 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 2021 January 25-30 - Waikiki, Hawaii, USA
- 2020 June 15-20 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2020 January 27-February 1 - Berlin, Germany
- 2019 June 16-22 - Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- 2018 December 3-8 - Orlando, Florida, USA (Swan & Dolphin)
- 2018 June 11-16 - San Francisco, California, USA (Marriott Marquis)
- 2017 December 11-16 - Austin, Texas, USA (JW Marriott Austin & Hilton Austin)
- 2017 June 26-July 1 - San Francisco, California, USA (Hilton & Parc 55 Union Square)
- 2016 December 5–9 — Hawaii, Hawaii, USA (Hilton Waikoloa)
- 2016 June 13–17 — London, UK (Hilton Metropole, Hilton Paddington, The Landmark London)
- 2015 December 7–11 — Orlando, Florida, USA (Swan & Dolphin)
- 2015 June 22–26 — Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- 2014 December 1–5 — Portland, Oregon, USA