All Hands are a unique and special opportunity for all paid staff and our most impactful volunteers to come together, in person, to share experiences and interact with people they may not normally work with (or just see over Zoom). Given our size, work weeks are a key differentiator for us (larger organizations just can't do this sort of thing in a meaningful way). Being able to come together as a whole organization, 2x each year, exposes each of us to interactions that may spark new ideas and/or lead to new solutions. They are a core part of our annual planning process.
Locations are selected with input from a small group of Mozillians based on a variety of factors the most significant of which is meeting space availability (need require more than a normal "conference") and number of rooms in close proximity to each other (so we are not spread out and thus limit the amount of serendipitous collision that is part of the work week magic).
- 2021 June 7-12 - Cancelled
- 2021 January 25-30 - Cancelled
- 2020 June 15-18 - Virtu-All Hands
- 2020 January 27-February 1 - Berlin, Germany
- 2019 June 17-22 - Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- 2018 December 3-8 - Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2018 June 11-16 - San Francisco, California, USA
- 2017 December 11-16 - Austin, Texas, USA
- 2017 June 26-July 1 - San Francisco, California, USA
- 2016 December 5–9 — Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA
- 2016 June 13–17 — London, UK
- 2015 December 7–11 — Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2015 June 22–26 — Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- 2014 December 1–5 — Portland, Oregon, USA