Japan Top Sites progress (mike)
Let's discuss where we're at. Reoccurring topic for the near future.
- mike: We've analyzed the top sites (maybe 1 or 2 left, Mike to follow up today). Karl will help coordinate outreach efforts with the Japan team.
- mike: I'm investigating UA overrides, and if the dynamic list work in Fennec (unsuccessful in my attempts so far, but probably doing something wrong).
- mike: Hallvord, what have you been working on?
- hallvord: I've been working on building a data store (mysql database) for test results. We've never really had a place to store things for compatipede-ish things or screenshot testing.
UA Overrides (mike)
Quick question on this.
- mike: I had a question for Brad, but I'll follow up with him directly.
Site Regression tooling (mike)
We need to build this.
- mike: We can start simple. It might be enough to have a tool that is just testing "smartphone" vs "pc" sites (we have a list of where we want to land for the top 100 sites). And then build on top of that: screenshots, screenshot diffing, JS & CSS error reporting, arbitrary JS tests/plugins, etc.
- hallvord: All of my prototypes just run locally, I've never set them up on a server to run on a cron.
- mike: I can help with that.
- Hallvord: you could try SlimerTester.js or TestSites.py
- mike: OK, I'll also reply to your email thread on prototypes so we can continue this discussion via email.
Broken Voices of the Web
- 2015-05-01 - Intent to implement: Metrics API for FxOS data collection
- 2015-04-30 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 40
- 2015-04-29 - Intent to deprecate: SMIL
- 2015-04-29 - Intent to implement and ship: CORS in svg
- 2015-04-29 - ReferenceError onTouchStart is not defined jquery.flexslider.js
- 2015-04-28 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 38
- 2015-04-28 - Intent to Remove: AudioBufferSourceNode.buffer can be set more than once.
- 2015-04-28 - Last week in blink intents
- 2015-04-27 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 39
- 2015-04-27 - Intent to implement: Frame Timing API
- 2015-04-27 - Intent to implementation and ship: ECMAScript Internationalization API (ECMA-402) support for Firefox OS
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2015-04-28 Desktop bankdirect.co.nz is TLS 1.0 and RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-04-29 Desktop ssl.safaribooksonline.com only supports TLS 1.0 and RC4 FIXED
- 2015-04-29 Mobile Header and login button disappears on changing device orientation from Portrait to Landscape. INVALID
- 2015-04-30 Desktop Various service-public.fr domains are RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-05-01 Desktop cas.rutgers.edu is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-05-03 Mobile zalando.it sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-05-04 Desktop a127-jobs.nyc.gov is TLS 1.1/1.2 intolerant FIXED
- 2015-05-04 Desktop accesd.desjardins.com and www.desjardins.com are RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-04-28 Desktop ps9-web1.cna.nl.ca is is TLS 1.1/1.2 intolerant
- 2015-04-28 Desktop https://bankruptcylink.com/ does not send intermediate certificate and chains to a root certificate that didn't sign it
- 2015-04-28 Mobile Text was getting truncated in landscape view for www.naukri.com mobile site.
- 2015-04-28 Mobile tv-asahi.co.jp: width of display: table-cell element calculated larger than in Chrome
- 2015-04-28 Mobile Truncation was observed in the main page of irctc.co.in webpage.
- 2015-04-30 Desktop https://saml.yammer.com uses RC4 cipher suites (which are deprecated and insecure), and is RC4 only on Firefox
- 2015-04-30 Mobile 405 - Method not available
- 2015-05-03 Desktop Url.createObjectURL(blob) creates invalid URL
- 2015-05-04 Desktop Facebook requires advanced Ad product users to use Chrome
- 2015-05-04 Mobile Confirmation mails are missing images and links