- 1 Web Compatibility
A person should be able to use the Web with any devices and browsers.
Our attempt is to help both website developers and browser implementers to reach a point where users have no issues when browsing the Web because of their choices.
Cross Browsers. Any vendors
- Web Compatibility bug reporting (Cross Browsers. Any vendors)
- @WebCompat on twitter
- @MozWebCompat for Mozilla Web compatibility issues
The Web Compatibility activity is composed of permanent Mozilla staff and volunteer contributors. We are part of the Developer Experiences Team.
- Our current projects.
The web compatibility team is composed of:
- Oana Arbuzov - oana (IRC) - compat triage and testing team
- Sergiu Logigan - sergiu (IRC) - compat triage and testing team
- Adam Stevenson - adam_s (IRC), developer experience team
- Ola Gasidlo - ola (IRC), developer experience team
- Dennis Schubert - denschub (IRC), compat tools team
- Karl Dubost - karlcow (IRC), compat tools team
- Mike Taylor miketaylr (IRC), compat tools team manager
- Thomas Wisniewski - twisniewski (IRC), compat tools team
The team has a public meeting every Tuesday at 6am PST*.
|Day of week||Pacific Time||Eastern Time||UTC||Central European Time||Japan Time|
|Tuesdays||6:00AM - 7:00AM||9:00AM - 10:00AM||2:00PM - 3:00PM||3:00PM - 4:00PM|| 10:00PM - 11:00PM (summer)|
11:00PM - 12:00PM (winter)
- If there are no agenda items on the public etherpad, there is no meeting.
- See our Compatibility/Meetings for more details and minutes.
Tech Evangelism Triage
All are welcome to participate.
The current goal is to triage the backlog and make sure we haven't missed important bugs to be diagnosed, or to catch what has been fixed. Anything deemed not important will be made P5, and won't appear in query results.
- Thursdays, 8am Pacific, Vidyo Channel Compatibility
- Untriaged Tech Evangelism::Desktop and ::Mobile with no priority (minus P5s)
What is Web Compatibility
Web Compatibility issues are related to Web sites implementing techniques that create issues for a certain class of browsers and/or devices. A person will not be able to use a Web site according to his/her own choices.
These issues are cross-platforms, cross-products and related to the Web as a whole. There are circumstances when a company will choose to use a standardized techniques which is not available for an old browser, but that should be mitigated in making the Web site usable in any circumstances. So if a person is using the last version of Firefox or a vocal browser such as Jaws, or a proxy browser such as Opera Mini or UCWeb, the Web site should be able to work.
Mozilla has two areas for dealing with Web Compatibility issues. The goal is to make the Web usable by anyone and not only Firefox products, but we will focus the efforts on solving issues for Firefox users.
Web Compatibility issues can change over time, we keep an updated list of the most common issues.
Desktop Web Compatibility
- Desktop Issues that need diagnosis
- Desktop Issues that need contact
- Desktop Issues that are ready for outreach
- Desktop Issues that have been contacted
Mobile Web Compatibility
Mozilla can't fix the Web alone, so you are welcome to participate with us.
- Mobile Issues that need diagnosis
- Mobile Issues that need contact
- Mobile Issues that are ready for outreach
- Mobile Issues that have been contacted
- Our Contractors from SOFTVISION started a QA effort for Firefox for Android and here are some more details: