This page tracks the major impacts of community building that we're working with our partners on. Check out the partner dashboard for more details about all of the teams and communities we're supporting.
Q3/Q4 of 2014
- Contribution Brief 1
- Contribution Brief 2
- Contribution Brief 3
- Gather more location signal data to enable context aware applications on Firefox OS with a focus on India, Bangladesh, Latin America.
- Contribution Brief 5
Q1/Q2 of 2014
- Students have been making contributions to the long-term roadmap and NFC and network performance features will be able to ship sooner.
- New volunteer-driven community spaces in launch markets (ie. India, Philippines) to be bases for launch teams and visiting staff.
- Contributors are designing, developing and testing privacy features and evangelizing the product’s privacy strengths. Contributors are also building documentation to make privacy information easier to find on the Support site.
- More testers are needed for Nightly and Aurora and new contribution pathways give QA ability to match contributors using Nightly and Aurora with relevant testing tasks.
- Our contribution pilots for the Location Service team were able to gather data in India to meet their Q2 goal and Mark Mayo is now committed to community for future data collection needs.
- Content Services and Mozilla Voices both have said yes to us and are making plans to design for participation going forward -- community for these new areas will need more than a couple of quarters to form and make an impact.