Personal tools

Contribute/Webdev/Group 11 12 12

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Details

  • Meeting time: Monday, November 12 at 10:30 AM Pacific
  • Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
  • Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - conf 9634#
  • Back channel: #webdev

Agenda

  • MozCamp Asia session proposals
  • Tulsa Webdev hack day
    • Looking for mentors to prepare contribution opportunities and be available online during event
    • Using this as a template for Reps to run other webdev hack days
  • Reducing barriers for new contributors
    • Top priorities
      • How to contribute to a Mozilla web site screencast (Sancus)
      • Making contact and bug tracking information easier to find on sites (bug 766906) (Rik)
      • Firebug + Firediff for easy CSS hacking without needing to install site (Sancus)
    • Other ideas (need to prioritize)
      • Linking to the Github page template in footer of pages on Bedrock (Rik)
      • Improving documentation and clarifying how different sites have small but significant differences to be aware of
      • Reaching out to Petri team to see if they could help make it easier for front-end webdev contributors to access to a staging site

Placeholder

  • Creating a workflow for how to handle webdev inquiries
    • Documenting current workflow
    • Enhancing current process (follow back up with promising leads 2 weeks after first contact, recognizing volunteers with a public post or swag after finishing first mentored bug)
  • Piggybacking on other contributor efforts
    • Coding pathway: How to make use of http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/ and collaborate with Coding Stewards
    • Design pathway: Are there relevant CSS and web design contribution information to add to Design wiki page for design contributors?

Action Items

  • David to invite Emily to next webdev contribute group
  • Ben to help push the commit to update the webdev auto-response on mozilla.org forward
  • Ben to look at the bug's Rik had been looking into about reducing barriers to entry since Rik is transitioning to a new team