- 1 Mozilla Contributor / Contribution Analysis Project (Joint MoCo & MoFo)
Mozilla Contributor / Contribution Analysis Project (Joint MoCo & MoFo)
This page is a home for a short piece of work happening in Oct/Nov 2014 to explore some of our existing contribution data. Current presentation of results: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hsJLv1ieSqtXBzd5YZusY-mB8e1VJzaeOmh8Q4VeMio/edit#slide=id.g4435d357b_20 ("Measuring Engagement")
The goal and scope of the work:
- Explore existing contribution datasets to look for possible insights and metrics that would be useful to monitor on an ongoing basis, before the co-incident workweek in Portland at the beginning of December.
- We will:
- Stress-test our current capacity to use existing contribution data
- Look for actionable insights to support Mozilla-wide community building efforts
- Run ad-hoc analysis before building any 'tools'
- If useful, prototype tools that can be re-used for ongoing insights into community health
- Build processes so that contributors can get involved in this metrics work
- Document gaps in our existing data / knowledge
- Document ideas for future analysis and exploration
See also: Original Proposal Document (See Part 2 - Cohort Analysis)
Who is working on this?
- Adam Lofting (Mozilla Foundation)
- Dave Eaves (Consultant)
- Pierros Papadeas (Mozilla Corporation)
- Contributors who have offered support:
- Sujith Reddy
- Harish Ramesh
- Rami Khader
How can I get involved?
If you would like to contribute, we would love your support. If you can join the call, that's great. Or you can join in via the email list and the project tickets.
Join the discussion list
Weekly project check-in call
- Tuesdays @ 9am PDT (See in your timezone)
- [https://etherpad.mozilla.org/contributor-cohort-analysis Etherpad with meeting notes
- Call dial-in info is in the Etherpad
Questions to answer, and other tasks
11 Total; 9 Open (81.82%); 2 Resolved (18.18%); 0 Verified (0%);