- budget - events funding has been removed
- welcome to the team - more 'recruiting' internal & external
Name of team
- devrel vs techevan vs dev-advocacy? Others?
Hacks blog year-end strategy
- do we want to do some sort of intro of new team via blog posts? Yes.
- wrap-up post: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/hacksblog-year-end
Update on events
- Program to mentor & empower Mozillian developer evangelists in regional communities (in collaboration w/Tenser's team)
- Havi looking for team buy-in / interest in aligning with Tenser to reboot "evangelism reps"
- havi will schedule call w/Tenser before year-end and include others/report back
- What audiences are we trying to reach?
- web practitioners
- What kinds of conferences?
- Partial list: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webdev:Conferences
- Potch + callahad: preference for more intimate 1 or 2 track confs for impact. reaching larger more engaged audiences for *real* also: serendipity
- Sole: Way more impact / engagement at JSConf (tweets, etc.)
- how do we measure impact
- SalesForce Radian6 is a social media reach / measurement tool. UserEngagement standardizing on it. Havi's skeptical, but it seems to be what PR is standardizing on.
- Attendance, "vibe", sense of engagement (questions received, post-presentation conversations), Bugzilla bugs filed / revived. Guest authors recruited for Hacks blog.
CFPs - Suggestions
- Dan: Tools
- Potch: Desktop
- Sole: WebAPIs / Platform
Repo - and Project Ideas
- Tools App - GUI or Game based?
- WebRTC based App
- Framework Examples?
- Apple Hand-off app with Fred's Team
New Hire Suggestions
- We should all have it. Emali Jason.
- Read http://ee.telenor.io/gonzo/hardware/2014/12/16/firefox-os-iot.html
- beagle board black: http://beagleboard.org/BLACK
- sole gets invited to conferences all the time - how do we "deal" with this
- Redirect folks to the Bugzilla events form: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- "That's terrible, because it's super slow. What if I just want to just say yes?"
- ...if you want to do it, go for it. Form is there to help you triage.
- Goal: you speak at 3 confs each quarter.
- Potch: Do we have a way to track open CFPs? @CallbackWomen is great!
- Right now: we'll tackle this on a human-driven, standing agenda item in our meetings
- Havi: Circulate etherpad for Hacks 2014 end-of-year post:
- Havi: Schedule call with Tenser to keep ball rolling on community - Friday 8am PST
- Jason: Query everyone to collect 1-2 specific, individual quarterly goals for Q1
- Jason: Sign everyone up for media training with Justin
- Dan: Figure out how we measure conference impact
- Dan: Figure out mailing list situation
- Filed Service Now request to take over admin of email@example.com
- January: Reconsider team communication channels
- Slack? (closed bad, ux good)
- Mailing list?
- January: Team name? Andreas likes DevRel, some of us like Developer Advocacy.
- I vote for 'TEAM AWESOME' (case sensitive), but am flexible.