Remaining obligations to other teams?
- Sole: handing/establishing some direction with node-firefox and apps eng friends but also working with that because I have a talk on fosdem later this month!
- Potch: a few Brick bits
- Callahad: Persona / Gmail bridge needs rewriting since Google is killing its OpenID endpoint in February. Collaborating with Shane Tomlinson in Cloud Services.
Topics in a Box
- What are they
- re-usable technical content in finite/transferable modules (Sm, M, Lg)
- speakers can use & reuse - accompanied by code/video/demos/examples/screencasts (!) -- easily maintained and updated
- Example topics
- Inapp Payments
- Inapp Advertising
- WebRTC/Web Audio
- C++ to ASM.js example - LLJS
- asm.js + canvas / webgl
- asm.js + web audio <- mine!! (sole)
- WebGL/Canvas tag Debugging
- Developer Hud, Live Memory, New Perf Tool - Fxos App - Axel Devtools
- "what the heck does the developer hud do?"
- Valence Example "why should I use fx dev tools?"
MDN's Wiki for potential topics: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Projects/Content/TopicInABox
Recurring meeting with MDN
Havi to followup
Community Speaker Recruitment
- Havi + Dietrich to work on this
- Mozillian Andre Natal good person to beta test with?
- Currently evaluating boards to port FxOS to. Currently looking at BeagleBoard.
- Want to be involved in picking boards? Talk to Jason.
- Luke Crouch is very interested in this; Callahad has emailed him.
- Potch is interested in getting Firefox to talk to Arduino. *** How do we RS-232?
- Or an intermediate solution with the extra board shield that does wifi or bluetooth?
Product Team Leaders
Want: Who should we talk to for each group we want to work with?
- DevTools: Dave Camp
- WebAPIs: Andrew Overholt?
- FirefoxOS: Fabrice Desre
- Platform: ? ... maybe Andrew knows something! sole will ask him
- Cloud Services: Mark Mayo owns, but Ian Bicking/Toby Elliott may be more responsive
Conferences for 2015
- JSConf (May 27-29) CFP closes Jan 30 @ 9 AM Pacific http://2015.jsconf.us/call-for-speakers.html
- NodeConf (June 8-9). "Reverse CFP" at https://github.com/nodeconf/US-CFP
Good resource? https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8824760
- Where are we at with the Event Sponsorship Form? Should we fill it out?
- Yeah, fill it out. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- Also, there's this thing. Worth trying to update it. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/events
- Callahad has reached out to see if we can get direct access to edit that page.
- Havi: Combined MDN & Hacks team mtg
- Jason: Shared calendar
- Potch: will reach out to Fred to collaborate on "Hand-off" project (aka Continuity)