Team Intro on Monday Meeting
- Names are hard. Havi, Potch, Sole, Dietrich, Dan
- Also, the team is now called Developer Relations. (Andreas and HR like it.)
- We we are going to work on: talking, writing, interacting in 3 key areas:
- closer embedded relationships w/product teams > embedgelism
- grow community of technical speakers - mentorship, collateral, access to product teams
- closer relationships w/Research teams to advance new technologies
- Call to action: Got something cool? INFORM US. Got something to share w/developers - we can help you write or speak about it
- Suggested channel to talk with us? #devrel IRC (mailing list coming soon)
Flames for non-Mozillians
- DevRel inventory available for evangelists' to distribute (w/discretion).
- Service Now shipping request: https://mozilla.service-now.com/navpage.do > Service Catalog > Workplace Resources>Shipping/Receiving
- Shipping doc for team-tracking: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjOq6DJG6L_xdEpFZFhkcEs1cEZDN3FRWkFWRExQcGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
The blog: hacks.mozilla.org
- Would love your thoughts about Hacks, cadence, topics, new directions.
- Building Hacks posts into the workflow of what you do as evangelists: Recruiting new authors, new topics?
- Revisiting some basic assumptions
- Sole: Hacks for things that are finished/vs personal blog for things in progress
- Posting about Moz Product work in progress
- New & notable posts (for all major products) on all the work we're doing.
- Guests don't need to be "celebrity developers"
- Matthew Claypotch: post - web audio OR firefox.html
- Jason Weathersby: JS to asm.js
- Sole will write when she's done with handing off old tasks - right now all's very hectic
DevRel team meeting: notes / process
- Gdocs / Etherpad / wiki / GitHub?
GitHub unfamiliar, Etherpad and Gdocs inaccessible. Wiki is best, most transparent option.
- Improved Developer Advocacy and feedback
- More knowledgeable Evangelist
- Current assignments
- Dan - Developer Tools Dave Camp
- Sole - WebAPI with Andrew Overholt
- Others are TBD
Research Initiatives - ideas?
- Beagle board?
- To port or not to port: Porting FxOS to what?
- HTML5 Browser Addons: investigate.
- write all Fx Dev Tools as addons?
Community Evangelism Program
- Better 2-way communication with developers in regional communities
- Training on product enhancements
- Shared Collateral creation - Demos, scripts, source code
- One on One mentoring with Evangelism Team members
- Help With Expenses
- Jason: Draft team intro email to all@mozilla
- Dan + Havi: Get this data out of etherpads
- Spend calories thinking about iot boards