Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- DevRel event sponsorship budgeting ongoing, will likely have formal budgeting and plan for Q2/3/4 by May.
- Jason will be reviewing Q1 goals / accomplishments with team members this week
- Prepare your Q2 goals *now.*
- Need to be submitted by end of next week, but run them by Jason before filing in Workday.
- Measure yourself on "evangelism assets," rather than binding yourself to specific types of assets.
- Jason starting to play with an RPi 2, going to see if it's possible to get a build of FxOS on it with GPIO, I2C, etc. Jan at Telenor is apparently hacking on aspects of this.
- Also investigated BeagleBoard Black, which is way more powerful and capable, but the RPi is far more ubiquitous.
- Moz Japan has a board they're working on, the CHIRIMEN which might be an interesting target.
- We're going to try to produce one 2,000-3,000 word long article per quarter and aim to publish it in a European print journal.
- Handled Hacks Blog reviews and submissions
- Worked with Platform Engineer to get Mozilla presentation on Youtube
- Worked on IOT initiative - playing with RP2
- Got job listing approved and should be posted soon
- Worked on Whistler prep
- Working on Codementor presentation
- Met with Valerie to discuss print press
- I have DevEdition stickers! Mailing this week.
- 1k to me, 1k to sole, 50 to jason, 150 to dietrich, 250 to MozNZ (fmarier)
- 600 remaining to support speakers
- Havi should have 2k of the same stickers in MV for potch / nick / etc.
- Got a new work laptop! Yay!
- Lost a few days transferring data and setting it up. Boo.
- Hacks post on the Fx DevTools UserVoice channel went up
- Working on CoreOS talk for PyCon
- I'll mostly be offline this week as I work on talks.
- Checking email 3x daily and generally off IRC; leave a message.
- Need me urgently? My cellphone number is in Phonebook.
- (absent from meeting)
- (absent from meeting)
- Review my WebRTC post please? https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1iJDt-xbOBaDPjYHUxQQ9_pYOw81RBGB80hkUDXWWkQM/edit
- almost finished with the content kit, still has to incorporate the team's great feedback into it, thanks Y'ALL
- started exploring various ideas I need to implement for upcoming talks. I expect many cool byproducts occurring as a consequence of these works
- conspiring with other sonic artists to set up the first web audio meet up in london
- considering copying dan's semioffline schedule to better focus on talks
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)