Meeting Notes & Dial-in Info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel/Minutes
Please try to use WikiText markup. It makes it way easier to paste this into WikiMo.
Etherpad Template: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/devrel-template
Things you want to cover in the next meeting:
- Q1 summary - accomplishments!
- where you spoke, what on, blog posts, etc
- sent anything you've done to jason
- stats for newsletter and hacks posts
- more speaking, more writing
- more participation
- need to start tracking of volunteer participation
- tech speakers - can do through program
- but need to wait until pilot is done
- have budget for speakers, events
- actively pursue people to speak, and track those already going
- reps calendars,
- see where Reps and Mozillians are already speaking
- offer swag support.
- potch and dan will do things (thanks sole)
- send numbers to people
Hacks Redesign! (this might take a while, do it last)
- A content-focused visual refresh using modern Web best practices
- Q2 goal redesign and implement
- mobile friendly
- time-travel to the future
- hackable and collectable things
- important: the difference between upgrading and being upgraded
Trainspotting vs Developer Edition
- dcamp says devtools will do posts for dev edition for each release (which is great)
- Firefox 38: May 12, Firefox 38.1: June 2 (DE: possible perf tools)
Callahad is offline for next week's meeting (April 20th) -- who wants to take notes?
Sole: gaia / fx devrel? Documentation and Evangelism for gaia needs attention
April 13, 2015
- (your name here)
Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- (Someone take notes for Jason)
- Team stats for Q1
- Budget Planning for Q2
- Working on BD on Verizon
- Preparing talk for LUG on Tuesday
- PyCon talks done! Slides and video at:
- Currently focusing on my upcoming workshop at Fluent in one week.
- Slides being worked on here: https://github.com/callahad/fluent-web-debugging/
- Q2 Goals, etc. have been submitted.
- Shooting for 7 talks, 2 assets, but could theoretically hit 11+ talks this quarter. Help. :-) (!!!O_O!!!)
- partner training part deux
- tech speakers tech speakers tech speakers - pilot begins week after next
- Trainspotting episode 1 published (fx 37) - emphasis on Release, nod to what's ahead (including pointers to MDN).
- Ongoing Hacks blog issues related to migration to WPEngine. Hope to get to syntax formatting issue resolved this week, but not over-optimistic
- Hacks blog this week: Drag Elements, Console History, and more – Firefox Developer Edition 39, Creating a mobile app from a simple HTML site
- Metamorphs into Count Potchula
- exploring various undocumented APIs and stuff in Firefox OS. The coolest things are undocumented which is a shame. Hoping to lead by example...
- sent cat GIFs from a web server running on a phone to another phone, after sending the IP address of the server via NFC. It's a miracle...!
- sent PRs to the dns-sd project, docs are better now! https://github.com/justindarc/dns-sd.js/pull/2
- running web audio meetup @ MozLDN tomorrow, 40 people signed up and waitlist is almost as long!
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)