Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Hiring / offer meeting with HR following this one
- Team bonuses to be discussed in 1:1's
- Upcoming info on team priorities and add-on SDK
- Want to work on Servo demos? Talk to Jason
- Hacks Editing
- Servo Testing
- Conference prep!
- Ongoing coding, outlining, slide-making
- Loaded a bunch of USB sticks with DevEdition, flashing tools, and the latest Flame image
- Submitted 4 proposals to JSConf Colombia (FxOS, IoT, WebAssembly, Rust).
- All rejected.
- Local OpenSourceNorth conference filled all speaking slots without a formal CFP.
- Added as a backup speaker
- Updated my Lanyrd profile to make sure it reflects my Q2/Q3 talks
- Moderated some Hacks comments; fixed double-html-escaping in code samples
- Interviewed a candidate
- Ordered business cards (srsly, paper ones!)
- Researched the Mobile Brazil conference, call scheduled for tomorrow
- Upcoming: MidwestJS on Thursday, OTSConf Saturday + Sunday, London next week.
- Wrote up what is developer relations for Adrian who is doing a push for Mozilla Hispano
- Reviewed two chapters of the book Application Development for Firefox OS
- Working with Alexandre for Hacks posts on Sony devices and Docker images for server builds of FxOS
- More editing of Moz.jp’s WoT proposal
- Working with a local under-privileged kids robotics club to get them devices and training for IoT
- Talked w/ EBU about doing a workshop at their annual conference
- some partner training coordination (and damn this got convoluted fast)
- gradients post finished up and on Hacks
- worked with alexandre lissy on sony+fxos post for Hacks: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-sony-devices
- drafted a post on the fxos iot dev board options
- worked w/ william, brian king on how to play together on fxos participation
- first cross-org IoT meeting, worked on defining outcomes/goals
- met with FxOS head of product management to design how to open that area up
- moar tech speakers planning!
- Re-entry last week - catch up on Hacks posts/editing: CSS Gradients & Unbreaking the Web; ES6 - Subclassing
- Hacks monthly report (July)
- Revving up Tech Speakers Pilot 2 - invites pending, conversation w/People Rocket about format and materials
- Ongoing conversations/support/followups with Pilot 1 pilots
- If you want to order Firefox logo stickers for yourself, let me know- I can send you the stickermule re-order form
- Trainspotting 40 is the primary goal for today!
- Hacks Redesign
- Opening up a Creative Team bug for review / thoughts
- Platform Status Dashboard
- Happening, but slowly with other priorities
- Went to Manchester last week! http://soledadpenades.com/2015/08/10/an-introduction-to-web-components-at-manchester-geek-nights/
- I think I'm done with Web Components for a while
- Turning my speaker fee for Bucharest conference into three tickets for underrepresented developers / students: http://soledadpenades.com/2015/08/10/events-coming-up-next-august-and-september/#smarttickets
- Sent bugs to a few other projects: web components, mozvr...
- Mini post on Nightly's audio indicator https://twitter.com/supersole/status/628523657875300352 (but people were more interested in the Pointer Events tweet judging by the activity)
- Booking travel & logistics: it's time consuming, and self service >>>> travel agents
- Rebuilt and signed VR addon
- More VR tooling
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar