Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Keep your speaking engagements up to date on the team calendar
- We have tentative approval to purchase a few dozen foxfooding devices
- We have a scope of work for RPi2 port
- Working on simple Emscripten examples
- Orange event is being tentatively planned for Q4 working with Phoxygen
- Meet with foxfooding team to get a minimal number of phones
- Working on Game site redesign
- RTL project Ahmed is now building content
- PTO all last week.
- Got my first two patches ever into mozilla-central, affecting Fx and FxOS!
- Updated an old add-on to work with modern Jetpack
- Next up: port it to a WebExtension and blog about the process
- Confirmed speaker on Rust at a local "Functional Future" themed meetup in Oct.
- Two speakers, Rust vs Elixir.
- Working on Push API demo for cmills
- Published DevRel welcome kit / resource guide at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel/Resources
- (TODO: include Dev Rel Events request how to: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event )
- Raspberry Pi 2 - SOW from a contractor (mozillian!)
- Getting content pings: eg, screencasts for TV app dev
- Working with branding and legal on branding for community builds of firefox os. that shit gotta look good.
- WebVR session for MozFest
- Developing devrel plans for TV with Joe Cheng - rpi dev path, tvs for devrel, hacks posts, events (sept), comms channels
- FOT: Michael Kohler for helping coordinate Mozilla’s participation in TV Hack Day Berlin, even though he cannot attend.
- IoT meetup planning - developing session on consumer advocacy and policy related to data privacy and security
- Got an example of replacing notifications added to MDN by tweeting the request. And then asked @mozdevnet to do it to ;)
- Finished chapter six of fxos book
- Worked on a talk outline: IoT and the War for Your Mind
- Designed proposal on heuristic mode detection for Web interactions, based on Jonas and Pdol’s ideas, for PSU Capstone fall program
- Talked with Epicodus code school on building an intern program with them.
- Sent 40 Flames to Taipei for academic programs, and 20 to Switzerland for IoT training workshop.
- Hosted PDX quantified self meetup
- Lots of prep for Tech Speakers phase 2
- blog posts in progress: CSS Grids (by PBrosset), PSU Capstone post, WebRTC post,
- Inspired by Dan's resource page, I updated Writing Guidelines for Hacks (from zero to something): https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Introduced Tech Speakers program at last week's project meeting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wvDrxn-xVU) - aligned splendidly w/Geo Roter's announcements about Participation Leaders (bit.ly/participationleaders)
- TOPIC I WANT TO DISCUSS HERE: Funding for 5-10 Tech Speakers to Mozfest to work on a mini- Tech Speakers "participation track" as a means of scaling the program.
- I was on holidays
- Before that I went to Brighton but I haven't written up on the meetup yet
- Super mega ramping up on The Talk
- Also advising new speaker for London conference
- WebVR: https://github.com/MozVR/vr-markup
- no devrel-needed updates: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=devrel-needed&list_id=12532664 We should re-broadcast the availability of this tag
- presented at An Event Apart last week — 400 people. They were very excited about the new layout technology (Shapes, Viewport Units, Rotation, Flexbox, CSS Grid, and more) — and excited about ideas of what we might design with it.
- talking to John Allsopp about speaking in Sydney and Melbourne next April
- still filling out paperwork and getting setup
- recording The Web Ahead with Brett Gaylor today, discussing Tracking
- Reminder to direct any sponsorship/speaking requests to the form (and can cc me): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- View Source Conference is getting speakers and sponsors lined up!!
- Speaker Paul Ford, keynote, would like to chat w Dev Rel team (sandra to arrange time)
- Ali to announce in upcoming Monday Morning Call.
- Upcoming events sponsored by Dev Rel:
- Web Unleashed Sept 16 & 17th in Toronto CA (Potch Speaking)
- Open Air Sept 25th in London (Sole Speaking)
- JSCONF EU Sept 25 & 27 in Berlin (preceeded by Reject JS, in between with TV Hacks) - trying out WebIDE using MDN documentation (Demo Lounge): support from Flaki, Andrzej Mazure, Andre Fiedler, Evelyn from Taipei
- Paris Web Oct 1-3 in Paris (Mathieu + Julien)
- ADA Lovelace Festival Oct 27 & 28 in Berlin (Sole)
- How to Web Nov 26-27 in Bucharest (TBC)
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar