Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- (Someone take notes for Jason)
Missed last week, so added here.
- DONE week of Feb 8
- Sketched devrel weekly communication summary, and identified automate-able parts
- Some work tracking down event calendar sources and outlets.
- Moar Techspeakers pilot 3 planning, and also phase 2
- Worked on an app and Hacks post for some basic IoT experiments using smartphone sensors to derive human signals
- Implemented an add-on for Pocket for Firefox, the way it should have been done
- Getting some of the Sony devices for DevRel for workshop use
- London planning for the Bletchley trip 😉
- Hosted the PDX Quantified Self meetup group in the office, and presented on signals vs sensors experiments
- RPi2 - WE FINALLY HAVE GFX
- DONE week of Feb 1
- Deep Speech program continuing
- Develop support plan for staff devrel
- Worked on NYC VR curriculum w/ Rabimba and Christos
- Contribute to Participation for CD blog post about Singapore
- Worked w/ the openwebgames Twitter account holder to switch ownership to Moz
- Lotsa techspeakers planning
- HACKS: waiting for Mktplace successful push in order to publish post about CSP implementation. Nothing else in the queue this month. Got posts?
- Tech Speakers Pilot 3 starts today - w/~10 women from Africa, EMEA, India
- Tech speakers Phase 2: conversations, pitches, planning, logistics
- Some local event stuff...
- Finished Media Recorder draft, now waiting on Maire's review and confirmation for when do we go live
- Now working on DevTools hot reload screencast, aiming to get it done this week (fingers crossed)
- writing talk for Enhance Conf and for the whole rest of the year
- created repo for examples, and first example: http://labs.jensimmons.com/progress/example1.html
- got transcript done of Modern Layouts video. Will edit when I have time.
- published The Web Ahead ep 112 — on Internet of Things, Physical Web and Flyweb: http://thewebahead.net/112
- assessed CSS priorities for Gecko and wrote up recommendation in email
- Went to Braga, Portugal to speak about HTML 5 games (the talk was recorded!)
- I started to work on creating a webVR demo for GDC. This will be my focus over the next weeks.
- Next Wednesday I'll be speaking at a local meetup in BCN about HTML 5 games (good news is that the talk will be recorded in Spanish, so there will be recordings of my presentation in both English and Spanish!)
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)