Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- [Someone take notes for Jason]
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
- [Belén] I've started to look into WebAssembly. My plan is to develop a demo and submit talk proposals. I'm also planning to help the WebAssembly team to make a tool similar to JSFiddle, but with WebAssembly (from C to execution inside a browser), so we can embed live snippets into MDN, for instance.
- [Sole] Finished setting up https in my websites using Let's Encrypt certificates! It was fairly easy once I understood how to do it. Now ready to tell the world how to do that themselves too!
- [callahad] I said I'd schedule a meeting re: triage. I didn't. Expect one this week, + emails.
- [flaki] RGSoC sponsorship IS IN! YAY 👏👏👏 Ali 👏👏👏 https://twitter.com/slsoftworks/status/716202729128005637
- [flaki] Help me craft a Hacks post on RGSoC / Tween JS & Servo, tweet it too on hacks! Closing end-of-week!
- [flaki] MozHacks is doing great, 500k impressions last month, check/comment the strategy draft/review https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yWr3BiQoJD_GNHz3-bMBk95TN9IzL3MbW_TjFMYfjPs/edit#
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
- Belen: Working on a WebAssembly demo. I'll be also travelling to London for WordCamp on Friday.
- Sole: Writing outline of WordCamp talk for Sunday as a series of more detailed posts as otherwise it'll be a too long talk but there seems to be interest in all of this (at least it is all interesting to me). Then preparing for next week talk on MediaRecorder. Panicking.
- Dan: Research + Development for WebAssemblly and ES2015 talks later this month, first pass of dashboard triage
- Gio: Finish the build errors in B2G build system. 4.9 toolchain is the major and unique blocker right now.
- [Havi] Interviewing in progress for DevRel Prgm Mgr role. Meetings w/Jason in SF tmrw. Hope to wrap interviews by end of week.
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- Worked on an Add-ons Blog post re: benefits of e10s. Should go out this week.
- Updated https://serviceworke.rs/ to take into mention the required TTL header and link to most current IETF drafts
- Got browser.html and servo head compiling. Super crashy on my Linux laptop, a little more stable on OS X
- A little bit of Dashboard hacking
- Booked a bunch of travel
- Started researching WebAssembly
- Archived old meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel/Minutes
- Hacks: Edited Cardboard Dungeon built w/A-Frame (guest author post), A-Frame VR overview post. Recruited guest author post on SRI implementation. Media Recorder API post status check?
- Tech Speakers monthly call ~25 attendees: discussion of next steps for Pilot 3 Tech speakers (lots of cat-herding to get everyone signed up for coaching), will send out survey
- Twitter scheduling and coordination w/Flaki, got LDAP set.
- Invite and attendance logistics for tech speakers at OSCAL, London work week, other upcoming events
- Booked a bunch of travel
- Beginning outreach to potential Master Class speakers for TS phase 2.
- Found three regressions on MediaRecorder (one critical/crashing). Hacks post on hold until I have time to test this again (not much time with the three upcoming talks, agh)
- Getting very paranoid with all the attacks to privacy I've been researching. I trust no one now! Not even you! :-P
- Long time since my last update! I've went to GDC, finished + rehearsed my talk for WordCamp London and I'm just getting started with WebAssembly.
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
- Ludum Dare (game jam www.ludumdare.com ) will be happening in two weeks! ;)