- Michael E
Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Last week we did a design sprint around a new website for the DevRel team.
- Meeting notes / summary forthcoming, please review when sent out: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/website-design-sprint
- Callahad + Potch working on DevAdvocacy bugzilla dashboard, expect initial email soon.
- Jason attempting to use Google Forms to build a structured Trip Report template
- [Havi]: There are at least two existing forms, one from Sandra, one from Tech Speakers. I'll send the links.
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
- [jason] Please review SharedArrayBuffer draft at https://axis-of-eval.org/blog/
- [dietrich] mozfest, berlin, rpi, code schools
- [giovanny] new approach for RPi port
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
- [jweathersby] Trip Report Template
- [jweathersby] DevAdvoc Dashboard
- [Jen] publish The Web Ahead 115
- [Jen] writing the forward for JS for Web Designers by Mat Marquis
- [Jen] document the last month, including trip reports
- [Jen] edit the video of my progressive enhancement talk from Melboure
- [Jen] document more of what we did last week, and catch up folks who weren't there
- [Jen] build out a space for collaborating on the devrel website project
- [Jen] prep for next week's CSS Working group meeting
- [Jen] watch the video of my Art Direction talk and revise it
- [Jen] collapse, I mean, regain energy to be ready for two weeks of travel, next week & week after
- [havi] Get DE 48 Hacks post published, maybe Shared Array buffer post, maybe Boondogl post (stalled)
- [havi] Lock down venue & hotel for Berlin Tech Speaker meetup in Sept.
- [havi] TS monthly call on May 4, agenda in prog
- [havi] lots of meetings and orientation with Mike Ellis to get him ramped up
- [dietrich] code school corraling
- [dietrich] in berlin tuesday - friday for mozfest planning
- [dietrich] pushing a few new partnerships/programs - vr w/ stanford, iot with intel
- [flaki] wrapping up Happy Code Friends this weekend, lotsa' curriculum dev still in the pipeline
- [flaki] JSConf Budapest next week, gonna be madness, starting to get excited+final things
- [flaki] preparing "flaki TS pilot" still, to be launched after JSConf Bp
- [callahad] Finish first round of Dashboard triage
- [callahad] Lock down travel plans for PyCon, MozLondon, OpenWest
- [giovanny] Start next phase for RPi Port
- [giovanny] New build system and progress will be live on Github
- [giovanny] Publish blog post about iot approach
- [Michael] Working on Event Budget Tracking Spreadsheet
- [Michael] Working on draft of Tech Speaker Participant Code of Conduct
- [Michael] Meeting with individuals on team and getting to know you!
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- Team Design Sprint
- Team design sprint + MinneWebCon presentation
- (monday / tues) MoFo Design Sprint Berlin: IoT in the Home
- coordinated mconley speaking at bitmaker school in toronto on perf devtools for reflow optimization, first code school talk!
- gave overview of rpi plans to b2g transition/porting teams
- lined up two more speakers from Vancouver office to speak at a code school there
- interview with General Assembly’s JS programs lead
- lots more codeschool post-interview coordination over email now
- updated the staff/community speaker list with locations
- using intersection of staff and code school location to build relationship for recurring speaking appearances
- worked on DE 48 Hacks post (copyedit)
- lots of Tech Speakers logistics support, and meetings w/Mike to get him started on TS role
- got viable proposals from hotel(s) & venue for Berlin meetup, outreach to potential facilitators, presenters, trainers.
- Dev Rel Team website design sprint in NYC
- 1.0M+ impressions on @mozhacks
- @mozhacks details and metrics about the achievements https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1yWr3BiQoJD_GNHz3-bMBk95TN9IzL3MbW_TjFMYfjPs/edit?usp=sharing
- JSUnconf was great, trip report coming up
- Got a lot of sh*t done in Berlin too, from the community's side
- Aaaand are organizing a Rust conference! (in Berlin, somewhere around early fall) www.rustconf.eu (in very early stage still)
- We just created a Foundation for Rust Community in Europe (in part to support the conf, but also community in general), I happen to have ended up on the Board :)
- Happy Code Friends curriculum & format both coming together nicely, will share, hopefully SOON(TM) :))
- Created a post about RPi state http://gioyik.com/p/raspberrypi-final-state
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)