Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Thanks getting Q2 goals in
- Comment on the event feedback forms
- Also, please list the teams that you plan on meeting with at MozLondon [list where?]
- Seriously, please canvass people to write for Hacks
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
- [potch] This afternoon, Facebook folks are visiting Mozilla MV and have a "Tracing Party" using the Fx dev tools to help Facebook improve its performance.
- [callahad] re: add-on signing. If unbranded builds don't get fixed today, we're delaying the signing requirement *again.*
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
- [callahad]: Finish Dashboard v2 updates (rewritten in Elm, better layout, attempt to report on "last active time" for bugs)
- [giovanny]: Publish the next phase of the RPi work on Github
- [giovanny]: Progress of the Port will be public on Github. We are going to use milestones to keep the track
- [giovanny]: Will publish a blog post about IoT approach and standards in general (not only related to web)
- [giovanny]: Pushing a base of the port this week, so I can work with more people in London and let other people get involved
- [sole] in Thessaloniki (Greece) for talking at DevIt and possibly attending local meetups. Hopefully squeezing some blogging/refactoring in between too.
- [dietrich]: Finish matchmaking sheet
- [dietrich]: Google IO
- [jason] Browser.html demos
- [flaki] TechSpeakers v2 pilot prep
- [flaki] re-rampup on MozHacks twitter
- [flaki] Mozilla Hackerlounge followup/post-mortem & Oslo arrangements
- [flaki] NodeBots workshop in Berlin on Saturday
- [jen] Q2 goals
- [jen] paperwork — expense reports and such
- [jen] preparations for heading to Europe for 3 weeks. CSS Nordic in Oslo, Mozilla All Hands, and more
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- Working on examples that showcase Dominator view in Developer Tools
- Monthly Budget review
- Working on Feedback Form
- Iron Yard planning for event
- Reviewed Communications Brief for Developer Communications
- Elm 0.17 got released, which significantly changes the event model for Elm. Had to re-start my updates to the Dashboard.
- pushed on web perf landing page w/ sumanth
- google io travel. there are no effing hotels in MV.
- goals for Q2
- introductions and kickoff of iot developer research with brian, michelle, tif
- reviewed techspeakers activities pilot plan for flaki
- so much calendar updating
- coord for rpi in london
- work w/ author of linux.com article on my iotsummit talk
- code school author+school matchmaking sheet
- Web Progressions talk on HTTPS + Progressive Web apps + new apis + let's encrypt
- updated Let's Encrypt guide with corrections and suggestions
- wrote article for magazine on MediaRecorder, still waiting for feedback
- started refactored 3D slides system into its own thing so it can be reused. It's going to take time.
- "Mozilla Hackerlounge" at JSConf/CSSConf Budapest: https://twitter.com/hashtag/mozhacks
- Made some supercute swag t-shirts for hackerlounge crew, featuring Mozilla Science's "Science Fox"
- We had superb sessions in the breaks with great attendence (with 50+ ppl attending at times)
- Got a "Service Worker"-cake for Jake Archibald's birthday (he MC-ing JSConfBudapest)
- Mozilla was generally featured rather prominently (gold sponsorship+hackerlounge) and I got to present the cake live on stage on the end of first day
- Did workshops with Nolan Lawson on Progressive Webapps at/around the conf (he was invited by Mozilla)
- Had Jan Keromnes (paris office) present janitor.technology for pretty big audiences throughout the week:
- Announced: RustFest.eu - a Rust conference in Berlin we are organizing on the weekend of ViewSource Berlin (the week after the TechSpeakers Meetup)
- Started drafting TechSpeakers pilot with Havi/Dietrich/Michael E
- RPi port
- Tons of scripts that compiles but still many configuration needs to be done
- Already defined a tree structure for the RPi port
- Blog post
- Finished a draft about IoT
- Thanks to the person who Tweeted my post about RPi state. Really appreciate it
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)