Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- [Someone take notes for Jason]
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
* Co-host Tech Speakers monthly call
* meetings with various individual Tech Speakers, and potential content providers for Phase 2, and facilitators for Berlin Meetup
* Prep for MozLDN - coordination w/Tech Speakers.
* Finish the TS Phase 2 application form and start circulating info about the program plan.
* Hacks posts: Andrzej Mazur (?), Florian's JS post
Sole: schedule meetings / plan for London ww, talk at Oslo about Media Recorder. More catch up with backlog
- code school speaker organization
- hook up data recording phone at the office
- leaving Thurs on PTO for all of next week
- london goals and schedule for RPi project
- traveling to Oslo
- speaking at CSS Conf Nordic
- whatever life brings along the way
- coding more demos
- hopefully writing stuff, working on a feature article for Net Magazine
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- More code school communication and speaker gathering. Migrated to a CRM called Streak which is built into Gmail through a Chrome add-on. I tried a bunch of cloud-based CRMs and they were all terrible. Streak is *magical* in comparison.
- Drafted the Labs activity for TS phase 2
- OSU team final meeting! Hacks post coming.
- London planning
- Hacked more on an installation piece using some of the ideas from
- Met with local rep from Oregon Angel Fund about doing IoT security and privacy talks/training for local startups.
- Met with HP to talk about IoT printing experimentation based on the Berlin design sprint output.
- Caught up on vacation email backlog, and started watching the Town Halls I'd missed while I was out, attended Innovation and Platform town halls
- Hacks: Published Exporting An Indie Unity Game to WebVR (over 1 month in draft), lined up some new posts for Hacks this week
- Planned upcoming monthly Tech Speakers call/ agenda
- Planning content calendar for Phase 2 Tech Speakers - Masterclass and Labs - confirmed CFP workshop, in conversations with other potential presenters
- Began draft application process for TS Phase 2.
- Ongoing Tech Speakers Berlin meetup planning with Dietrich and Michael. Working on agenda and activities.
- Transitioning Tech Speaker event coordination and logistics from Sandra to Michael. Working w/individuals on their individual event questions/issues.
- Talk at Copenhagen's At The Front End https://vimeo.com/168545600
- Filed a bunch of bugs both in Bugzilla and in spec pages regarding MediaRecorder and Web Audio
- Learnt a bit about Elm and Data flows and all that. Promised Dan I'll help with our Advocacy dashboard (very glad he didn't get offended with my comments re: aesthetics 8-)
- Then I went on to nurse the massive cold I acquired in Greece the previous week.
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)