E10s Update: December 1
- As of November 25, we have hit 94.56M MAU compared to 66.45M MAU in October.
- Our crash rate remains within range of our release criteria. The stability improvement compared to non-e10s is 36% better.
- We have made great progress with the fix for our top crash (thank you necko team) which has lead us to re-enable E10s for the Russian locale as of 50.1 shipping December 13 (5% of our e10s test population).
- We have whittled down the perf issues with tab switching thanks to a few improvements which landed in Firefox 51 and Firefox 52. We are currently focusing on Nightly Firefox 53 for which a high-impact fix has landed and has made further improvements.
- In release 50.0, E10s continues to be enabled for Whitelisted Add-Ons, Add-Ons created as WebExtensions, and Add-Ons designated as MPC=True by Add-Ons developers. As of Firefox 51 beta 5, E10s will be activated for all Add-Ons except the ones which have been designated as MPC=false.
- The target for enabling E10s multi has slipped from Firefox 52 to Firefox 53 Nightly in order to resolve test failures.
[ON TRACK] Add-Ons + WebExtensions
- See full Add-Ons status, here
- Since September - listed add-ons increased from ~1/10 (1600) using webextensions or marked multi process compatible to ~1/8th (2,100)
[ON TRACK] A11y + Windows 8 Touchscreen Support
- A11y and touchscreen support has landed in 51. We are still targeting 52 for release.
- We are working to obtain confirmation that current state/planned state for Release represents a usable, shippable level of support.
- We are basically in convergence and are tracking the issues we would like to fix before rolling out, here.
- Touch events for APZ has landed in 52.
- NVDA is the first client we plan on achieving compliance with. We feel that if A11y can work with NVDA, we should be at about 90% of functionality with other, similar clients.
[ON TRACK] RTL Support
- bug 1277831 E10s support for RTL versions of Firefox on Windows and Mac shipped in Firefox 50.
- E10s support for RTL versions of Firefox on Linux has landed for 52.
[IN PROGRESS] E10s-Multi
Bi-weekly meetings have commenced for e10s-multi, see more info:
- E10s multi will be enabled in Firefox 53 Nightly but will not ride the trains.
|3-07||48 default||47 default||46 A/B Tests||45 off|
|4-18||49 default||48 default||47 A/B Tests, Possible Rollout (add-ons = ally = no)||46 off|
|6-07||50 default||49 default||48 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||47 off|
|8-02||51 default||50 default||49 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||48 Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)|
|9-20||52 default (multi-lands)||51 default||50 Rollout (add-ons = yes + ally = no)||49 Rollout (known good add-ons = yes, ally = no)|
|11-15||53 default (multi-enabled)||52 (multi=no)||51 default||50 rollout + known good add-ons (MPC=true)|
|01-24||54 default (multi-enabled)||53 (multi= no on Aurora)||52 default (a11y = yes, RTL for Linux = Yes)||51 (all addons except MPC= false)|