e10s Update: July 8
- Release criteria for Beta 48 is still green .
- We continue to be at 0 M9's (and have been) for a few weeks
- As of this week, 590K users have been exposed to e10s in Beta 48.
- So what's the release plan? We are working on a day-by-day snapshot of the activities that have to occur once Firefox 48 goes to GA. This is basically a small 'throttle team' who will be at helm of throttling e10s up or down (or disabling). This is driven by RelMan but will be supported by e10s subject matter experts so that decisions can be made quickly. You can refer to these docs for more info and WIP details: http://bit.ly/29mIbXs and http://bit.ly/29kiycI.
- 07/08: Firefox 48 Beta 5 Ships
- 07/13: Fourth derived data set available (5 weeks of data)
- 07/15: HB Survey Review + Next Status
Add-Ons + WebExtensions
- The first Beta A/B Experiment will be shipping as of August 3. Plan to have all changes made to the System add-on and have it qualified by QA by July 18.
- General roll-out plan for including extensions is here.
- It's looking like the initial API support will land in 50
- We're also looking into Windows touchscreen/a11y compat, see more information as the plan is taking shape, here.
- We are at about 90% [https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Test_Coverage Test coverage for all channels. We have touched base with all module owners. Not all of them have signed off specifically but we are calling it within acceptable range for shipping at this point.
Bi-weekly meetings have commenced for e10s-multi, see more info:
|3-07||48 default||47 default||46 A/B Tests||45 off|
|4-18||49 default||48 default||47 A/B Tests, Possible Rollout (add-ons = ally = no)||46 off|
|6-07||50 default||49 default||48 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||47 off|
|8-02||51 default||50 default||49 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||48 Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)|
|9-13||52 default||51 default||50 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||49 Possible Rollout (known good add-ons = yes, ally = no)|