Mozilla Education Status Meeting - December 7, 2009
Teleconference System Info
- Monday, December 7, 2009 12:00 am EST, 9:00 PST, 1700 UTC (other time zones here).
- +1 650 903 0800 extension 92, conference # 7600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 extension 92, conference # 7600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (password 369), conference # 7600 (US/Canada Toll Free)
Pressing *1 will mute or unmute your line. If you're having trouble hearing other people, pressing *6 will make the conference louder to you (*4 makes it quieter). If other people are having trouble hearing you, pressing *9 will make you louder to everyone else (*7 reverses this).
During the call you can also join the #education channel. If you don't have an IRC client installed, you can use Mibbit to connect directly in your browser (enter a nickname and click Go). Whatever you type will be sent to the rest of the group in real time.
- Frank transition
- Update on Jetpack for Learning Design Challenge
- Mozilla Education 2010 planning
- Frank Hecker
- Dave Humphrey
- Richard Milewski
- Srirang Doddihal (brahmana)
Jetpack for Learning Design Challenge is now underway:
- 26 (?) submissions selected for the challenge.
- First online class is this week (Wednesday 12/9).
- Planning now beginning for design camp.
- More information on challenge wiki page.
Revisions to be done to the 2010 plan:
- include mention of history of initiative
- mention 2010 activities in India, Egypt, Europe
- emphasize diversity of activities, both core and peripheral
- make mention of Drumbeat synergy re K12
- Dave: Make Mozilla available as a source of projects to Greg Wilson. Need to promote more visibility around Mozilla student projects (e.g., work with Mozilla marketing).
- Richard: Mozilla Education should do marketing function for education in Mozilla (using www.mozilla.org/education or whatever).