- Stability report & metrics
- Early feedback
- Add-on compatibility
- how to flag bugs if we want NPOTB fixes to land on aurora, beta?
- Rob Sayre going to take this.
- any ETA on "go to build Firefox beta3"? And do we build fennec 5.0b3 at same time?
- Next beta build?
- Please note that nominations may be artificially low (see bug 659055)
Stability report & metrics
- Yesterday ~ 213K users on 5.0. This is split between 5.0b1 (~111K) and 5.0b2 (~101K).
- Without the ADUs per build id we don't have a crash rate but reviewing the top crash list shows...
- All the top crashes we were tracking in Aurora have been fixed.
- The top problems seem to be related to add-on compatibility - Bug 658780
- Problems with youtube usage in general
- Unresponsive, slow
- Not loading
- Can't use controls
- Bug 659119
- Facebook games
- Not loading ie: poker, cityville.
- Google docs
- A couple of crashes when editing, intermittent - windows users only
- Bug 659120
- Some extension issues being reported ie: toolbars.
- Some feedback that add-on compatibility reporter is not compatible.
- Lots of incompatible extensions
- Bug 659176
- Sheila and Cheng following up after today's meeting to make sure this stuff is logged and next actions.
- Problems we know about but are tracking
- Netflix - bug 650141
- Channel switcher - Bug 652016 and Bug 659178
- PDFs - Bug 613756, bug 642454, Bug 648511
- Apple.com - bug 657469
Add on compatibility
- Problems reported with crash stats and feedback.
- Tracking some next actions
- Need to talk to Fligtar - Rob Sayre
- Need to talk to Kev - do outreach immediately - Christian will loop back with Kev. Macafee is listed at the top of the crash list, need more outreach - more than just symantec.
- Create a top list of extensions that we should be looking into - Cheng
- We're currently throttled on the beta channel @ 10%. Do we want to remove throttling now that the add-on compatibility bump has happened?
- Should any of the compatibility issues block this?
- We have decided to unthrottle the updates - Christian will add a bug and do it tomorrow.
- Christian will send a "go" email to rel drivers.
Next Beta Build?
- We have a few fixes in mozilla-beta, when are we creating another build?
- If we are going with a weekly schedule, the build will happen Friday.
- Should we do Fennec Beta3 at the same time? No objections here.
Summary of next actions
- Christian - unthrottle updates
- Add on compatibility
- Cheng - list of top add-ons with compatibility issues from Input
- Sayre - talk to Fligtar re: add-on compatibility issues
- Christian - talk to Kev about outreach for top problems ie: Macafee
- Sheila and Cheng - make sure all Input issues are logged in bugzilla.
- Sayre - How to flag bugs if we want NPOTB fixes to land on aurora, beta?