Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
John to file bugs for next week's EOL MU prompts.
- bugs now filed, joduinn 10apr2012
Marcia to come up with affected 10.5 Java versions
- Our expectation is that the OS X 10.5 java block will go out today/tomorrow
- Beta 5 will be released tomorrow (4/13)
- Code freeze for FF12 is also tomorrow
- Overall, things are looking pretty good (only 5 non-security bugs tracked for FF12's release)
- First 3.6 (EOL) MU prompts will occur next week
- De-support add-on hotfix expected to test and roll out to the beta population next week
- Meeting to answer open questions and finalize testing held tomorrow (4/13 @ TBA)
- Testing of 3.6->12 WN page is also upcoming
- Beta 6 go-to-build expected Monday (4/16)
- Final FF12 and ESR builds next Friday (4/21)
- FF12's release (4/24)
- The full block in bug 741592 will be implemented at that time
- bug 738661 – crash in nmsvc from CovenantEyes
- No longer a top crasher (and is believed to be an external issue), so we've deprioritized its investigation
- bug 741179 – crash in nsDiskCacheBlockFile::Write
- We have no leads at this point other than a hypothesis that NSPR may be implicated
- Startup crasher, but the crash signature actually rose in Beta 4 instead of dropping, so there's little reason to believe this is an 100% of the time startup crasher
- bug 673543 – crash nsDiskCacheMap::DeleteRecord
- Not a FF12 regression, can discuss uplifting a fix if/when nominated (unlikely)
- bug 738640 – [10.7] crash in -[BaseWindow dealloc], caused by bug in RoboForm extension
- Patch available, need to weigh the risk of taking the patch in beta 6 versus blocklisting the affected version of RoboForm on OS X
- Possibly related to Java blocklisting: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=744898
- Clarification needed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=741592
- Fx 12 release day
- Jaclyn F is on point for 4/24 for PMM, Grace J will be on point the rest of the week with Laura M.
- Mark L on point on 4/24 for PR.
- Erica J and Laura M can be reached as needed over release week.
- Is it possible to build an uninstall page in to Fx flow?
- Has anyone ever heard of Firefox Portable App?
- bug 738484 for beta?
- Future: mozilla-beta nightlies
- Background updates will be landing in FF14 or 15
- Benefits of nightlies: shorter verification turn-around time, freed up RelEng/QA resources, late-breaking beta issues can be much more easily resolved
- We should start scoping work and identifying problems for nightlies when Firefox 15 is on mozilla-beta (14 weeks away)
- Crash-stats & Support implications of having many beta build IDs
- QA implications since sign-offs would no longer be feasible - automate update testing
- Approval implications - always need to land on Aurora first, then on Beta