Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
Post-Mortem and Longterm Actions
- [akeybl] New Flash CTP blocking?
- FF22b5 is out for desktop
- FF22b6 goes to build Monday, alongside RC1 (and then RC2)
- Feature review at the end of next week
- Nothing new.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=878449 continues to be a concern, bbondy is trying to reproduce but couldn't so far.
- Bug 860641 is waiting for RelevantKnowledge.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=867226 is still the #1 issue on Mac, should be fixed on b5 though (QA did verify the fix).
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=851934 (outlook.com) is slightly rising, will need to watch it. Thankfully fixed in 22.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=819028 (with D3D11 update on Win7) seems to be dropping further since Patch Tuesday. This once was a topcrash, now dropping further off that range. Numbers are somewhat inconclusive if they fixed other of those crashes as well.
- Not much data on x86 so far, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=882342 is a stagefright crash, might need blocklisting, but nothing bad there at this point.
- On ARMv6, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=845867 (libGLES_hgl.so) is the main issue.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842334#c113 - Partner updates not 100% fixed? Yahoo-DE appears to be affected, needs more testing to confirm, determine breadth of issue.
- Who from Engineering can help investigate?
- 22.0 Beta 5 on track for tomorrow
Android x86, watching Google Play ratings, will have a rollup next week. Little data, no major issues.
Ratings from desktop snippet survey: Overall: 4.1 stars (fx20) > 3.9 stars (fx21)
Very happy. 42.9% > 34.3% Happy 36.4% > 38.4% Neutral 11.3% > 18.3% Unhappy 5.4% > 5.0 % Very unhappy. 4.1% > 3.9%
Looks like very happy went down a lot but unhappy went down a bit. Overall, this release didn't delight users (we had no major features).
- 881820 – Consider changing per-APK version number/name for sake of uploading to third-party stores/repositories
- Metrics dashboards
- Updater - client/server side
- "Changing our Standard for Bug Verification"
- [juanb] June 24th Holiday in Romania; Also during weekend of June 22-24 Softvision teams will join a Company event.
- please ask to build Firefox 22RC and 17.0.7ESR sooner, so we can test them