Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
- Fennec 42.0.2
- battery issue - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215012
- 43 Beta 8 mobile, desktop will go to build today, release Wednesday
- Beta 9 g-t-b Thursday and release Friday.
- Liz will be in Orlando early (Saturday night) planning to work Sunday/Monday
- Proposed Beta 44 schedule update
- 44.0b3 push to beta channel on Thursday 12/24 instead of Friday 12/25
- 44.0b5 push on Thursday 12/31/15 instead of Friday 1/1/16
- issues with https://arewestableyet.com/ (load balancer) over the weekend
- https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxbeta Still only showing data up to 11/29
- no adi for today
Overall rate: 2.05 - browser: 1.19, content: 0.85 - nearly yellow & significantly down from last week
- Bug 1198765 - (10.59%+6.42%) e10s crash in mozilla::ipc::FatalError | mozilla::layers::PLayerTransactionParent::Read with a11y active
- This will go away once we disable e10s when a11y is enabled (bug 1198459)
- Bug 1218395 - (2.44%) Dev Edition startup crashes in nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base | nvd3d9wrap.dll@0x..
- This might be related to bug 1218473, fix is ready but not landed on m-c yet as its causing shutdown crashes on inbound.
- Bug 1227667 - (1.73%) NEW crash in shutdownhang | WaitForSingleObjectEx | WaitForSingleObject |
- Bug 1229235 - (1.06%) NEW crash in PLDHashTable::Remove, called from mozilla::net::RedirectChannelRegistrar::DeregisterChannels
Overall rate (last data from Sunday): 1.1 - slight increase since last week
- #1 crash score, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1200021 crash in mozilla::layers::ContentClientDoubleBuffered::FinalizeFrame(nsIntRegion const&)
- Won't be able to tell if it fixes the crash from nightly or aurora. May speculatively uplift to aurora/beta for beta 8, we will have to judge on beta crash results at the last minute.
- Bug 1228735 - plugin crash rate doubled since november 23rd (only on the beta channel and due to flash on windows 7)
- Bug 1222800 - a11y startup crash regression in 43, in top ten of crash score - mail sent to email@example.com
Follow-up on bugs from last week:
- Bug 1222933 (mostly Ad Muncher) #2 crash score, blocklist patch went into beta 7 but had no effect (back this out again?)
- #3 Bug 1226400 - crash in mozilla::dom::FontFaceSet::Load Uplift should land for beta 8 release on Wednesday.
- Bug 1222819 (startup crash Orbit Downloader) - submitted a blocklist patch, waiting for review
- Bug 1227221 (Flash beta 20 hangs) - new flash beta 22.214.171.124 still has the same issue by the looks of it
Overall rate (last data from Sunday): 1.0 - slight increase
- bug 1221448 - Java crashes - 103 083 reports (as comparison, #1 beta desktop is ~20 000 reports)
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
[Read Only] PMM has signed off on launching Win64 for 43.0 PR is getting comms in place for next Tuesday. Testing on 43.0 Beta looks good: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225293 If I'm wrong, please scream loudly.