Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
jcristau, marcia, RyanVM,mtabara,avaida, cristian, alexandru,poiegas, cmuresan, bogdan_maris,cmuntean,brindusat, oana, ritu, carmenf, emilpasca, mahe, elan, lizz, kbrosnan, mboldan, Iulia,Cornel, sorina
- 54.0b4 released (desktop on tuesday, fennec on wednesday)
- 54.0b5 desktop gtb friday morning in Taipei
- shield study for flash click to play on release 53 for the next 6 weeks
- ekr ready to gradually enable tls 1.3 on release
- new telemetry experiment on nightly (bug 1359939)
- 53.0.2 Fennec should build today.
- drivers: partner issue, and also video corruption issue at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1360626 (Need help for someone to land the patch, we are having problems moving fast enough here)
awsy rate: 1.83 (browser 0.85, content 0.97)
- Nightly rate down slightly from what was reported Tuesday
- Uptime bugs filed: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q2
awsy rate: 0.81 (browser 0.57, content 0.24)
- Small spike in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1342556
- same picture as on tuesday: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2017-05-02
- patch for big intel driver crash is awaiting uplift approval for beta in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359416#c21
awsy rate: 0.69 (browser 0.50, content 0.19)
- 10% of Mac users are crashing in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359624#c4
- Current explosiveness report is quiet
awsy rate: 0.67
- Nightly, beta and release rates all look good
- New crash filed in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1361088, current ni on snorp
- Heard this asked before, should snorp be the default ni on the mobile bugs?
- Open question about who is the front end contact in Fennec
- snorp is the contact for more platform stuff
- Joe Cheng would be the product contact for Fennec
Aurora / Dev Edition
- We started adding QE related information in the 'Firefox' Trello board.
- Engineering QA (including Test Pilot Team) will be joining this meeting regularly, starting today.
- WebRTC sign off in progress - estimate of completion: May 5th, eod.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 54.0b3-build1 and 54.0b4-build1 signed off (both GREEN) - test reports: https://goo.gl/0SmLn0 | https://goo.gl/sDW770.
- Sandbox Flash on 64-bit Windows (1123755) signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/BBLkLb.
- [Bogdan] Fennec 54 Beta 4 signed off without major issues.
- bug 1361705 - Text selection not working properly in search fields
- Wondering if there is any new decision for Fennec 53.0.2
- New alias for Test Pilot experiments testing requests, that includes all the SV Test Pilot QA's: firstname.lastname@example.org
- users complaining of slow page load in 52.1esr Bug 1361865
- not clear they're all seeing the same thing
- one user says 52.1-build1 was ok, build3 not
- [Andrei] We started looking into this issue today, we'll have more information soon.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 53 post-mortem pushed out to Tuesday May 9th.