Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
marcia, ryanvm, jcristau, cornel, Iulia, Ninu, Cristian, Alexandru, jorge, Timea,Sorina, carmenf
- 54 rc1 signed off
- 54 rc2 coming for bugs 1365333, 1349835, and possibly 1347984 and 1367692
- 52.2.0esr-build1 ready
- fennec 54 rc1 signed off
- We seem to have a problem with symbols on Mac Nightly - see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1371017. I need info'd ted but no response yet - just sent him an email as well.
awsy rate: 2.62 (browser: 1.29, content 1.32) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 6.42 (week before: 5.18, this time last cycle: 7.53)
- Nightly rate up slightly from what was reported at last meeting
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1370087 - #4 top browser crash seem stalled.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1363601 - Core/DOM still has a need info
awsy rate: 0.72 (browser: 0.50, content 0.22) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 3.45 (week before: 3.35, this time last cycle: 3.47)
[philipp] rc1 looks good
awsy rate: 0.72 (browser: 0.53, content 0.18) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 6.48 (week before: 22.67, this time last cycle: 2.67)
[philipp] third-party induced crashes on release:
- Crash in nsObserverList::NotifyObservers with trusteer rapport: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1370807 - 1800 reports yesterday
- Crash in netload.dll with ludashi (chinese security software): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1369746 - ~300 daily reports on release
awsy rate: 0.65
- Nightly Rate is very high (19.37) - https://www.arewestableyet.com/longtermgraph/index.html?andnightly - due to three top crashes. Fixes should have landed for all three. Over 10K in signatures.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 52.2.0esr-build1 sign off IN PROGRESS - test plan: https://goo.gl/R83et6.
- Thinking of planning a testing session for the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" - context: https://goo.gl/ytk5Jk (tl;dr preview build available now, stable release in Autumn 2017).
- Nightly with and without Photon signed off as GREEN - test reports: https://goo.gl/fcka4z | https://goo.gl/tMBdmk. \o/
- All Nightly 55 features from Release QA's ownership have been signed off for release to Beta.
- Currently working on pre-Beta sign-off for Preferences Performance feature, ETA on the sign-off is tomorrow EOD
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Developer Edition 54.0b14 signed off as GREEN - test report: https://goo.gl/zYTxbm.
- We're working on verifying the remaining Fx54 bug fixes (including security bugs for Fx54 & Fx52esr) - we're a bit behind at this point, but should get back on track soon.
- [pi-request] e10srollout v1.50 for e10s-multi (1367244) testing DONE with 1 potential issue - test report: https://goo.gl/NbByRG.
- [pi-request] Crash investigation on update to macOS 10.12 with Symantec Endpoint (1366283) is IN PROGRESS - has been delayed by technical difficulties.
- [Ninu] Signed off 54.0b12 and 54.0b14 builds with no major issues
- [Ninu] Signed off 54.0 build 1 RC with no issues
- [Sorina] Feature -https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Expandable_List_of_Synced_Tabs SignOff pre-Release GREEN
- [Ninu] Currently working on the nightly(55.0a1), ETA on the signoff is tomorrow EOD
- [marcia] Testing Status of remaining 55 features (from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rn-F3Kg_1_VznIxxXkAGGL8mVMSAdamZZI4f1O2r8HA/edit#gid=1125001537)
- Preferences Performance
- [Brindusa] Testing is in progress on Nightly 55, tomorrow we finish testing and provide pre-Beta sign-off.
- Async Drawing 32b (was this just added? Didn't see it yesterday.
- [Rares] Recently found out that it was still targeting 55, since there were some problems on the Adobe side and I've added it there - intention is to sign-off for Pre-Beta today or tomorrow
- Status of OMT Networking M1: IPC? Still shows as "In Progress" on sheet
- [Andrei] I'll follow up with Platform QA to get an update on this.
- Preferences Performance
- [Andrei] Specifying a priority or ballpark deadline for bug work requests.