Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
marcia, Sebastian, Pascal, philipp, jcristau, RyanVM, lizzard, Tom,tania, overholt, Thomas, Ritu, dveditz
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 64.0.2 at 100%, no plans for further dot releases
- 65.0b11 shipped today @ 100% (all products)
- 65.0b12 gtb Thursday. Considering a Fennec build for bug 1494748 and bug 1508279 (if a revised patch is ready)
- 65 RC week next week
- Pascal to handle Monday merges and builds due to US holiday
- mtabara on point for RelEng
- 66 Nightly soft freeze also starts next week along with DevEdition 66.0 b1/b2 builds.
- 67 milestones doc to be circulated this week
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
firefox nightly summary score: 4.55, Thursday 5.35
- Rate has come down since last week
- New fairly small volume WR crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1519833
firefox beta summary score: 1.42, Thursday 1.51
- Sogou IME crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512165 - 1.9% of browser crashes
firefox release summary score: 1.77, Thursday 1.82
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1276488 is in #2 slot for browser crashes. omni.jar corruption issue
- Nothing new in the top 20 crashes
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 26.29, Thursday 27.35
- New startup crash in 64 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1519780
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1520237 since it is a startup crash and had no bug
fennec beta summary score: 32.14, Thrursday 33.57
- Nothing specific to call out for Beta
fennec nightly summary score: 78.52, Thursday 53.71
- MC Rate is high due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1518805. That crash generated over 6300 crashes in 2 days. (Now fixed)
- Still #2 overall https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1454639
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- MoCo internal meetings for 2019 are scheduled for Tuesdays (except December at the moment): https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?pageId=49451542&selectedPageVersions=38&selectedPageVersions=37 Shall the Tuesday meeting moved? In the past it often start half an hour before this one but ran longer than 30 minutes.
- Keep it on Tuesdays but delay it by 15 minutes if necessary.
- Pwn2Own: March 20-22. Fx66 & ESR 60.6.0 release: March 19. (liz) We can plan for a potential chemspill.