Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, telin, Aryx, philipp, bkal, JR, jcristau, dveditz, kbrosnan
- 81.0 rc1 on the beta channel
- rc2 coming up soon
- fenix 81 to start rolling out thursday, 100% next tuesday
- 78.3.0esr in testing
- about to open the floodgates for updates from 68.x
mc2 crash rate: 1.62, crash incidence: 3.16%, mc1 summary score: 5.14 thursday mc2 crash rate:1.85, crash incidence:2.22%, mc1 summary score: 5.38
- huge spike in nightly 20200912092623 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1664632
- fixed by backout of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1663917
- core::option::expect_none_failed | remote::startup::handler::new_remote_agent_handler still pretty high
- http3/neqo crash fixed yesterday
- startupcache work backed out yesterday: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1656261
- should fix a number of signatures
- mozilla::fontlist::FontList::Alloc crash after enabling gfx.e10s.font-list.shared, fixed yesterday
- nsPrintSettingsWin::InitWithInitializer crash fixed yesterday
mc2 crash rate: 1.55, crash incidence: 1.24%, mc1 summary score: 4.52 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.64, crash incidence: 1.61%, mc1 summary score: 5.41
[81.0b9] (not too much data abour rc1 yet)
- Crash in memcpy | nsJARInputStream::Read: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1551562 - 1.7% of browser crashes
- Crash in mozilla::dom::CloneOrUndefined: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1660539 - 0.6% of content crashes
mc2 crash rate: 1.31, crash incidence: 0.77%, mc1 summary score: 1.89 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.38, crash incidence: 0.81%, mc1 summary score: 1.99
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1664843 - 1.5% of content crashes
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1659826 - 0.9% of content crashes
- a11y crash in CStdMarshal::DisconnectSrvIPIDs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1664224 - 0.8% of content crashes
- Crash in [@ mozilla::dom::`anonymous namespace'::WebProgressListener::OnStateChange]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1664542 - 0.5% of browser crashes
- spiking due to website change?
- crashes for twitter notifications
Aurora / Dev Edition
Feature Status Review
- [challenged] PDF Form Fill - high impact defect found recently. Patch expected today.
- [challenged] Move Search TopSites into Remote Settings - Working to resolve a few issues identified by QA. This is high priority work that leadership is looking to have in Fx81. Engineering expects to have resolution on these outstanding issues very soon.
- [challenged] Modernized print UI - Slipped from Fx81 (to Fx82) due to outstanding work. This was a known risk. Keeping as challenged as the work hasn't yet landed and we are heading into Fx82 Beta.
- [challenged] Improve QB (V2) Search Discovery : Search Shortcuts - Several bugs (20?) identified during dogfooding. Work through thriage of these issues. Still targeting Fx82 but may slip to Fx83.
- [challenged] Login Capture Doorhanger V2 - Planned work for Fx82 is challenged as it is not yet complete and the assigned engineer was shifted to other projects. Expected to slip from Fx82. Expect decision during a planning meeting later today.
- SUMO forum high level reporting (Draft): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2CVH8VFIYdIH413UinzQDUruhitYrK4yHv2qcbLjxQ/edit?usp=sharing
Roundtable & Special Topics
- conflict with moco meeting next Tuesday
- moving channel meeting + Fx79/Fx80 post mortems to next Monday