- 1 Details
- 2 Major Topics for This Week
- 3 Stand ups
- 4 Decisions needed/Action items
- 5 Round Table
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Major Topics for This Week
- Work week
- Mailing list
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- This week
- Work week planning
- fixed a couple bugs: security bug (bug 802026), minor beta regression (bug 819827), helped markh debug intermittent orange (bug 820489)
- Next week
- Working from New York
- More planning/HR stuff
- bug 766799 - Redirects visits are not notified anymore through history observers
- bug 821628 - xptcstubs_x86_64_darwin is wrongly converting some bool params
- bug 791562 - crash in PlacesFolderConversion::AppendFolder (Protect bookmarks roots from being deleted through the API)
- bug 820834 - Abstract about:home storage and make it async-ready
- + 3 minor
- bug 675902 - New Downloads view for Places Library
- bug 822343 - Downloads view takes far too long to render
- bug 812894 - Shorten time remaining strings and replace download rates per item
- bug 817006 - "Remove from list" option in the panel is confusing
- bug 699859 - Refactor nsContentPrefService.js to use async Storage
- bug 813833 - Promise-based SQLite interface
- + 5 minor
- Help finalizing the downloads panel feature for Firefox 20
- Review async form history patches
- More Places triage and regressions
- Bug 821283 - Bug with displaying arrow panels in some cases in right-to-left UI, checked in
- Bug 798226 - rework arrow panel code to be simpler, checked in
- Bug 566746 - change form fillin to be asynchronous, address comments, found more issues with unit tests, discovered that I also need to port some migration code.
- Bug 809388 - investigated bug where popups/tooltips were not shrinking when they were sized larger than the screen and then smaller again.
- Past week
- Finding regression causes
- Improved B2G keyboard performance
- Introduced a nextpaint event to improve app <-> homescreen transitions
- A couple of session store and private browsing reviews
- This week
- Finding new blockers to work on
- Helping with existing blockers (stealing, improving STRs)
- Think more about keyboard focus issues and touch events
- Planning stuff for workweek, 2013 roadmap
- Interview season appears to be in full swing
- Discussions on WebRTC UI, XBL
- Found some social/facebook bugs, bit of debugging for a DLBI regression.
- Out sick a bit
- Wrote a patch for bug 813802 which puts the tabs over the titlebar for restored windows on XP. Waiting for feedback.
- Gave feedback on MattN's lw-theme patch
- Downloads View for Places (required for Downloads Panel)
- Helped fix tests for Downloads View for Places, which has now landed (preffed off)
- Profiled some performance issues
- Downloads Panel
- Come up with a draft patch to fix focus-ring appearance and behaviours (bug 819428
- Downloads View for Places
- Theme-ing work (will likely require UX assistance)
- General bug-fixing as we find them
- Downloads Panel:
- Get bug 819428 in a review-able state
- Ensure we disable this in Aurora before uplift.
- Still need icons for the Downloads Panel (see bug 812221, bug 812255, bug 812813, bug 814510)
- Need theme-ing direction for Downloads View for Places (bug 822257, bug 822258).
- lightweight theme patch uploaded
- waiting for review on base patch for Windows
- talked to perf team
- More tab follow-ups
- In Canada
- Did reviews for bug 558882 (Reader mode), bug 814404 (Social API), bug 820303 (click-to-play), bug 820497 (click-to-play), bug 821098 (click-to-play), bug 822435 (browser-plugins), bug 820678 (click-to-play)
- Mixed Content work by Security team is almost done, but we need some front-end help displaying it in desktop
- Can we borrow a front-end engineer who can create a couple of doorhangers?
- Shorlander, can we get the icons and doorhanger designs?
- We'd like to include it in FF20, if possible, which means we need to complete the work by this Friday (hidden in about:config for now, default OFF while we do testing)
- For more info, here's my spec: http://people.mozilla.com/~lco/ProjectSPF/Mixed_Content/Mixed_Content_Spec/
- Security Engineer responsible is Tanvi Vyas
- All the bugs!
- Backend bugs
- Frontend bugs
- Visual design bugs
- planning for next year's priorities and roadmap
- some FHR facilitating
- there's some First-Run Experience cross-team discussion happening; more in the new year
- Q4 summary for Australis Customization: http://people.mozilla.com/~zfang/Customization/AustralisCustomization_Q4Spec.pdf
- Working on design changes to notification UI in WebRT to enable release for Firefox 19
- Planning for Q1 New Tab Work: working on design document, meeting with stakeholders
- Working on social API bugs, incl. multi-provider plan for 19 & beyond
- Technically PTO Thursday & Friday, but will be reachable and may work if needed
- Local profile sharing (Bi-modal browser usage) on FX Metro is no longer on the beta road map. Still refining the strategy of handling sync service between classic and metro mode. Customized first-run experience for Metro will be needed.
- Refining user flows and stories for local bookmarking and desktop sync w Asa.
Out last week at a visual design meetup
This week working on:
- Download Manager:
- Final icons
- Looking at Download Library View theme
- Flash hang UI
- WebRTC Icons
- Trying to organize and finish remaining Australis designs (e.g. menu panel, customization visuals, Windows 8 classic stuff, incontent stuff)
- Other Stuff: