Firefox/Meeting/21-May-2013

From MozillaWiki
< Firefox‎ | Meeting
Revision as of 10:26, 21 May 2013 by Dolske (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Details

  • Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
  • Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
    • People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
    • SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
  • irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
  • "Firefox" Vidyo Room

General Topics

  • Status updates tool: switch to bsmedberg

Friends of the Firefox team

Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.

Decisions needed/Action items

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 1 minute!

gavin

paolo

  • Reviews on features added to the JavaScript API for downloads
  • Prepared the promises patch that included code documentation
  • Continuing towards landing the updated implementation of promises

mak

  • Been at the jsday in Verona last week.
  • Went to visit couple of italian red pandas :)
  • Lots of pending bugmails and requests, still syncing up with those.

enn

felipe

  • bug 853389 AddonRepository - Patches posted for review \o/ -- following up with tests and seeing where I can help Irving in his part
  • GSoC - in-depth review of the proposals submitted to the project i'll be mentoring (About:memory enhancements), student chosen.
  • bug 812573 Hotfix pushed to prod today!
  • Some prep work for the Summit Assembly

mano

ttaubert

  • JSDay in Verona last week, Scotland.JS before that.
  • Landed a couple of sessionstore code cleanups.
  • Met with Nick Hurley to talk about speculative connect for sessionstore.
  • Catching up with (bug) mail.
  • Reviews.

adw

  • bug 518606 Troubleshooting Information page should have better support for copy-and-paste to plaintext.
    • landed after more discussion on SUMO forum
  • bug 868793 Loading about:support can trip "ASSERTION: FormatStringFromName() without format parameters"
    • landed
  • bug 856270 Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2
    • first review pass with Ehsan, trying to figure out why test_bug366682.html is intermittent
  • bug 599804 Highlight all doesn't work with non HTML documents (e.g. CSS styled XML files)
    • reviewed
  • bug 856595 Intermittent test_wheel_default_action.html
    • may know what's wrong, trying patch on tryserver
  • bug 555120 Intermittent failure in browser_bug441778.js
    • not sure what's wrong, but patch to bug 856595 may fix this too
  • bug 873046 Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js
    • need to investigate
  • follow-ups to bug 841495 background thumbnail service
    • need to work on these
  • triage

markh

Mainly experimenting with e10s - got things (mainly) working on Windows, got html5 form validation "ported" to the new world order and currently working on form autocomplete.

dolske

  • Meetings on PICL and First-run
  • Australis UR stuff starting
  • pwmgr patches / review (modular/mainthread IO)
  • Bit of recent activity for modal http auth prompts (bug 613785)

mconley

dao

Reviews... Let me know if a patch needs priority. Monday was a holiday in Germany, catching up on bugmail. I may miss today's meeting.

mikedeboer

Last week:

  • worked on search-related bugs that are tracked for Fx 23
  • worked on Australis bugs that my team mates kindly assigned to me
  • Async Responsive workgroup meeting: I will add `add_task(Task)` API for Mochi tests bug 872229
  • Wrote a common JS Assert lib: bug 873126

This week:

  • work on search-related bugs
  • work on Australis bugs
  • work on add_task API
  • work on Add-ons Manager auto-complete
  • work on find bar improvements

gijs

  • Other
    • Tried to help mentor someone for bug 291534, dao said we want a different approach. Probably shouldn't be a mentored bug in that case, any ideas how to followup here?
    • Other bug fixes (bug 874040, bug 874391, bug 872455,

Unfocused

MattN

(travelling during meeting)

  • Australis
    • Landed tab stroke polish
    • Landed tab drag indicator positioning
    • HiDPI background tabs up for review
    • HiDPI foreground tabs in progress
    • Tabs in Titlebar positioning for Windows
    • tab close buttons
  • Intern phone screen

jaws

cers

mixedpuppy

  • back from talkilla work week
  • have patches for selenium webdriver to work with social, a couple minor items left to do
  • have outline for fx24/25 updates needed to support webrtc providers

UX Updates