- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Decisions needed/Action items
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 UX Updates
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- Status updates tool: switch to bsmedberg
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
Decisions needed/Action items
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
- Prepared the promises patch that included code documentation
- Continuing towards landing the updated implementation of promises
- Been at the jsday in Verona last week.
- Went to visit couple of italian red pandas :)
- Lots of pending bugmails and requests, still syncing up with those.
- bug 853389 AddonRepository - Patches posted for review \o/ -- following up with tests and seeing where I can help Irving in his part
- GSoC - in-depth review of the proposals submitted to the project i'll be mentoring (About:memory enhancements), student chosen.
- bug 812573 Hotfix pushed to prod today!
- Some prep work for the Summit Assembly
- JSDay in Verona last week, Scotland.JS before that.
- Landed a couple of sessionstore code cleanups.
- Met with Nick Hurley to talk about speculative connect for sessionstore.
- Catching up with (bug) mail.
- bug 518606 Troubleshooting Information page should have better support for copy-and-paste to plaintext.
- landed after more discussion on SUMO forum
- bug 868793 Loading about:support can trip "ASSERTION: FormatStringFromName() without format parameters"
- bug 856270 Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2
- first review pass with Ehsan, trying to figure out why test_bug366682.html is intermittent
- bug 599804 Highlight all doesn't work with non HTML documents (e.g. CSS styled XML files)
- bug 856595 Intermittent test_wheel_default_action.html
- may know what's wrong, trying patch on tryserver
- bug 555120 Intermittent failure in browser_bug441778.js
- not sure what's wrong, but patch to bug 856595 may fix this too
- bug 873046 Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js
- need to investigate
- follow-ups to bug 841495 background thumbnail service
- need to work on these
Mainly experimenting with e10s - got things (mainly) working on Windows, got html5 form validation "ported" to the new world order and currently working on form autocomplete.
- Meetings on PICL and First-run
- Australis UR stuff starting
- pwmgr patches / review (modular/mainthread IO)
- Bit of recent activity for modal http auth prompts (bug 613785)
Reviews... Let me know if a patch needs priority. Monday was a holiday in Germany, catching up on bugmail. I may miss today's meeting.
- worked on search-related bugs that are tracked for Fx 23
- worked on Australis bugs that my team mates kindly assigned to me
- Async Responsive workgroup meeting: I will add `add_task(Task)` API for Mochi tests bug 872229
- Wrote a common JS Assert lib: bug 873126
- work on search-related bugs
- work on Australis bugs
- work on add_task API
- work on Add-ons Manager auto-complete
- work on find bar improvements
- Make the navbar always visible (bug 870545, bug 752434, bug 872162, filed bug 872446)
- More work on tests (almost there now!) (bug 855683, bug 872578, bug 873449, bug 873534, bug 874028, bug 874051, bug 874070, bug 874371 ).
- Some of these were repetitive issues where people listen for load events on the <tab> elements rather than their linked <browser>s. Don't Do That. (I need to blog about this)
- Filed/fixed some polish issues (bug 874448, bug 872463)
- Followup about tab label fadeout (bug 658467)
- Helped divvy up most of the remaining bugs into milestones (may need to do another session?).
- Important discussions regarding the future of the add-on bar (still undecided at this point).
(travelling during meeting)
- Landed tab stroke polish
- Landed tab drag indicator positioning
- HiDPI background tabs up for review
- HiDPI foreground tabs in progress
- Tabs in Titlebar positioning for Windows
- tab close buttons
- Intern phone screen
- back from talkilla work week
- have patches for selenium webdriver to work with social, a couple minor items left to do
- have outline for fx24/25 updates needed to support webrtc providers