Firefox/Meeting/23-Apr-2013

From MozillaWiki
< Firefox‎ | Meeting
Revision as of 10:39, 23 April 2013 by Mnoorenberghe (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Details

  • Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
  • Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
    • People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
    • SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
  • irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
  • "Firefox" Vidyo Room

Round Table

  • Mark Hammond joining fx-team!

Friends of the Firefox team

Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.

  • Max Li made it possible to double-click on <video> to toggle fullscreen (parity with YouTube, Windows Media Player, and more!) (bug 858016).
  • Sunny [:darkowlzz] fixed an edge case to fade out the video controls even when the user doesn't move their mouse (bug 708814).
  • Brandon Waterloo fixed a regression to show the zoom cursors in framed images (bug 862117). Brandon also has been implementing gesture detection for double-tap gestures on OSX in bug 863841.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

gavin

past week
next week
  • reviewing more search patches
  • meeting with dolske/jed re: native identity
  • meeting with gregg lind re: jetpack
  • some hiring/onboarding planning
  • working with marco & paolo on appcoast projects

paolo

Past weeks:

  • Promises
    • bug 810490 - Constant stack space promise
    • Identify cases where delayed resolution breaks existing consumers
  • Downloads
    • The JavaScript API is now available to Toolkit consumers (bug 847191, bug 851461)
    • Reviewing bug 858234 - Merge ExecuteDesiredAction paths into nsDownloadManager
  • Other
    • Landed bug 859065 - Avoid "command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill"


Next week:

  • bug 810490 - Constant stack space promise
  • Networking Work Week: Investigating causes of truncated or corrupt downloads (bug 237623)
  • Meeting about Downloads Panel feedback and future improvements
  • Review bug 858234 - Merge ExecuteDesiredAction paths into nsDownloadManager


Waiting on reviews:

  • ui-review for bug 832672 - Downloads Panel gives no indication or feedback on missing files

mak

Last week:

This week:

  • Downloads panel phase 2 meeting delayed to Tomorrow 11:30 PDT, feel free to join if you wish (etherpad moved due to vandalism, pm me for link)
  • Keep working on RemovePlaces API (bug 834545) on top of Mano's patch for GetPlacesInfo
  • Evaluating to revive bug 478912 (bookmarks initialization is not fault tolerant) due to reports of users losing bookmark roots for unknown reasons.
  • Some requests for feedback to handle, possibly today, to unblock work
  • Away on Thursday for Liberation Day

Blockers:

  • need r?ttaubert in bug 863447 to land indexedDB in about:home

enn

felipe

mano

ttaubert

  • Worked on a bunch of intermittent failures.
  • Did some sessionstore code cleanup.
  • Worked on e10s-related bugs for sessionstore including moving the restoration process to the content.
  • Some reviews, need to attack my queue to unblock some people.
  • Organized and ran the de:hacking meetup in Berlin.

adw

  • bug 841495 - implement background tab thumbnailing service
    • Fixed a problem in the patch (not posted yet), waiting on Josh's feedback/review on private browsing design
  • bug 856270 - Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2
    • Struggling with tests, now reftests
  • bug 863430 - Add a reftest-spellchecker API
    • Working on patch and awaiting dbaron's feedback on its design
  • bug 518606 - Troubleshooting Information page should have better support for copy-and-paste to plaintext
    • I plan to gather suggestions from SUMO contributors for improvements they might want to about:support's "Copy text to clipboard" text
  • triage

dolske

Past week:

  • Various Australis coord/planning/schedule stuff
  • Lots of email threads, notably firefox-dev!
  • First-run spinup, but on pause till cers is back.
  • Intern planning

Next week:

  • PICL, Native Identity, Test Pilot

mconley

Last week


This week

  • Get customization stuff settled, and have the customization target behaviour more or less matching spec on Jamun branch
  • Start figuring out toolbar overflow implementation
  • Revisit some things from Customization Milestone 2 that didn't get finished, farm out some easier widgets to a few willing victims, and de-bitrot bookmark widget now that mak has landed star toolbarbutton
  • Meeting some folks tomorrow to talk about the next iteration of the downloads panel
  • Doing my first interview tomorrow as well.


Blockers

  • I need to know how the Character Encoding menu panel widget is supposed to work - UX team is aware of this.

dao

mikedeboer

Last week:

  • Search consolidation aftermath: bug 862401 and bug 860560
    • bug 862401 includes work on a nasty unit test...
  • bug 776708 - 'Find in page' design updates - appeared on my radar, updated patch there and fryn reviewed it
  • Australis: just fixed bug 856107, needs to be reviewed (by MattN)
  • Proposed https://github.com/mikedeboer/mozAsync to firefox-dev, great response!
    • check the 'examples' folder inside that repo to see what the thing does ;)
  • I will also be attending Async 'task force', led by Yoric

This week:

  • bug 862401: finish that friggin' unit test
  • more Australis work?
  • File a bug re mozAsync to add it to m-c

gijs

Last Week:

  • Landed fixes for video stats on aurora and beta (bug 845555)
  • Fixed Australis tab separators (bug 851009) with lots of help from fryn and MattN
  • Wrote an essentially working patch for bug 777674 to do anonymous content in devtools, spoke to dcamp about it, need to see if we can easily improve inIDeepTreewalker so that the devtools side of things is a bit simpler.
  • Wrote an essentially working patch for bug 833943 to migrate windows and tabs on profile reset, but am blocked by startup profile directory weirdness (bug 863570), waiting on bsmedberg in order to decide on a way forward there
  • Wrote a test for bug 763890 using the GTest framework. This took most of my time; GTest finnickiness means I need some help from bsmedberg on this one, too (to wit: no XPCOM, no windows can be shown, this breaks the migration code)
  • Picked up another Australis bug bug 850924, hit issues with the UX branch reset, may need to pass this to someone who knows more about what's going on if MattN doesn't have a quick answer.
  • Assortment of reddit/#firefox/incoming-bugs triage stuff.

This week:

  • Try and finish the profile reset issues I've picked up, depending on bsmedberg's feedback and reviews (for tab/window stuff).
  • Try to finish the devtools stuff; dcamp is enthousiastic, need to polish and then land
  • Try to help with australis pending issues where I can / pointers from MattN
  • Meeting with the Dutch community on Saturday

Unfocused

MattN

Last week:

  • Supporting GSOC and discussed project with Felipe
  • Australis tabs
    • Finished LWT tab patch for Windows
    • r+ on focus rect
  • Popup Notification security delay changes in bug 841967
  • Reviews (doorhanger conversions

This week:

  • Australis tabs
  • Search reviews

Blockers

  • Quite a few Australis tab bugs depend on UI decisions (assigned/needinfo shorlander)

jaws

Last week:

  • Tried to run triages on Friday but ran in to a lack of quorum so will be rescheduling it for this week. With that being said, we still closed 23 bugs.
  • Spent a little time working on a fix for bug 853972 to switch to the notifying tab for desktop notifications, but put that work on hold for now.
  • Big discussion about customization for Australis
  • Lots of activity around GSoC, which applications have just opened up for. Felipe wrote some great blog posts about the projects.
  • Reviewed:
    • bug 845555 to fix the <video> statistics that got broken when XBL scopes landed
    • bug 862117 to fix a regression where the zoom cursors didn't appear for framed images
    • bug 708814 to handle an edge case when fading out video controls due to no mouse movement
    • bug 863314 for the customization targets in the Australis having too much flex
    • bug 861409 to use a content script for page show events (e10s work)
    • bug 853615 to fix tearing a tab out breaking CTP
    • bug 549697 - Add CTP features to the add-on manager
    • bug 863082 - Prefpane links should open in a new window if prefpane is modal
    • bug 858016 - Double-clicking on a <video> should toggle fullscreen
  • Put up patches for:
    • bug 862886 - Subview anchors should have a visual clue
    • bug 573329 - Drop support for text and text+icons toolbar modes
    • bug 748029 - Default location bar font is too small
    • bug 863299 - Drop support for small icons mode
    • bug 861088 - Make subview widgets show their panel when in the navbar
  • Filed:
    • bug 862924 - Show a transition when entering/exiting DOM fullscreen
    • bug 864160 - "Learn More" should be on the same visual line as the doorhanger actions
    • bug 864811 - Remove use of :-moz-any as the right-most selector

This week:

  • Need to reschedule the bug triage
  • Rebase patch to remove toolbar modes and land on Jamun
  • Finish up subview patch for widgets in the toolbar
  • Finish patch to migrate smallicon users

cers

mixedpuppy

last week:

  • landed some fhr
  • various small fixes

this week:

  • to honor Mark joining Firefox Team, felipe finished review of SocialMarks and it will land this week
  • should have ux for share this week
  • following webrtc apps ux meetings

waiting on:

  • ux for share
  • review of share

beta issue:

  • bug 864505 regression affects nightly through beta, though only Facebook depends on the chat windows at this time, will be working on a patch today/tomorrow. focus into chat window does not change selection of active chat window

UX Updates

lco

I can't make the meeting today, but I just want to let you know that I'll be on vacation in Munich from April 29 to May 7.

Decisions needed/Action items