Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
- released yesterday at 3pm
- next prompted major update offer will actually be seen by users!
- proposed schedule at links above
- long code freeze -> build period
- might try to co-ordinate with Firefox 3.6.1
Firefox 3.6 RC
- builds now available for testing
- hoping to ship to our beta audience on Friday of this week
Fennec 1.0x Maemo RC2
- QA has completed release testing and no re-spins are going to be needed
Fennec 1.0x WinMo Alpha
- 3-4 blockers left and will be looking at a release after Fennec Maemo 1.0
- common issues
- Do we know what may be affecting PFS (for Flash)? We're having trouble reliably triggering it. bug 536848
- Facebook chat is hogging memory/hanging Firefox. May be ad related since at least one report of adblock plus helping. bug 536334 list of threads
- A few reports of google new tab feature broken
- Process for crash-causing items suggested for blocklisting?
More details available in the platform meeting notes.
- Firefox 3.6 RC with one additional locale, Kurdish, now at 74. Kurdish will stay as beta language for release.
- Fennec RC with the known set of locales, Korean failed on search. Japanese probably, too.
- EU Browser Ballot making progress
- fx web l10n gonna get some pings next
- More feedback on the .governance thread on l10n bugzilla components?
- Testday for Mobile Firefox RC this Friday, 1/8
- First release where we're running the release builds through automated unittests and talos!
- Fennec 1.0rc2 builds done on same relbranch; need to coordinate any respins
- Turning off talos for FF3.0 ?
- Java Console Extensions approved by QA
- What to do about Google Gears?
- CoolIris waiting on RC
- Plugin Project
- Mozilla.com remains ready to GO for 3.6
- Working on a project to "beautify nightly.mozilla.org"
- format of this meeting (beltzner)
- major update scheduling in these notes
- ongoing maintenance for Plugin Update feature data; mechanisms/procedures/responsibility