Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 1.2 Feedback Summary
- 1.3 Highlights / Notices
- 1.4 Questions and Concerns
- 1.5 Press & Public Reactions
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- B11 has been tagged and is spinning (build, QA validation) now. Still working on an ETA for releasing it to our beta audience, likely early next week.
- B12 has a small enough list of bugs that it's plausible it will be the last beta, though we're not locking that up, since some of the plugin work needs to crystallize before we can assess timing risk.
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- Meeting Notes from Feb 2nd
- beta 4 shipped yesterday Feb 1
- beta 5 code freeze TBD
Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17
- In beta, still plan to ship on the 8th unless something comes up(on schedule)
Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18
- Draft schedule coming this week
- All major deliverables for 1.0a8 are on-track for completion within the week, with release planned for Thursday Feb 10.
- The Builder development team will be in town next week. We will be working on papercuts and planning how to best execute on our remaining Q1 goals.
- The central focus of the next release will likely be full-text, faceted search.
- released on Thursday, January 27
- making good progress on non-e10s deliverables
- e10s deliverables subject to revision due to /js/jetpack/ being pulled from Firefox 4
- freeze scheduled for Wednesday, February 16 at 11am PT
- release scheduled for Wednesday, February 23
- release date: 2/8
- Major release dashboard & Mobile Firefox major release submission pages
|Flash-related crashes||20-30 just flash related (not all crashes)||1823|
|Hotmail Constantly Reloading||500+  ||3696||bug 627729|
|Cannot login to hotmail||91|
|Font Rendering on Windows||285||bug 594325 bug 612846 bug 629857|
|Netflix streaming player doesn't work OSX||17||204||was bug 598406|
|Copy/Paste issues (also related to issues with not enough storage messages)||100+ across various threads||609||bug 613915|
|DivX player doesn't work||61 (180+ overall)||70||May be caused by divx extensions|
|New Tab Button on Tab bar doesn't work||50 across various threads||200|
|Google's Bodybrowser WebGL demo is not compatible with Firefox 4||221||136||bug 621718|
|No save & close dialog when closing Firefox w/multiple tabs||100+||399||caused by bug 592822|
|Roboform Add-On does not work||44||160||bug 629488|
|Firefox not remembering passwords||319|
|Broken Panorama (missing button, changed shortcut)||150+||669||bug 624588|
Highlights / Notices
L10n state of the union
- Waiting for last string from devs
- 76 shipping in b11 (just updates for serbian)
- 75 locales with less than 7 missing strings, 73 of which shipping, inc ja-jp-mac
- Spanish(Mexico) [es-MX] with new team, just completed, waiting for feedback
- Bosnian [bs] new locale, just too close to B11, looking good for B12.
- Serbian [sr] suffered technical glitches merging in tons of languages, needs to recover
- 5 locales with 32 to 83 missing strings. Those are more of a motivation/really shipping problem than anything else. Mails for outreach are under way. pt-BR, he, mk, bn-BD, gl are the locales. (See last string)
- Persian is getting there, but still some 400 strings away.
- 6 locales likely out of scope, each with a unique story. as, ka, km, mn, oc, vi.
- For web stuff, timeline for special projects created by stas, check your new pet for conflicts.
- Looks promising for 80 locales to ship, maybe 81.
- Making a call for RC on what's in and how.
IT / RelEng downtime
- Starting early Thursday morning to 9am Pacific dev.planning announcement
Questions and Concerns
Press & Public Reactions
- Firefox on Android improves, but still bloated
- Mozilla releases new Firefox 4 beta for mobile devices
- Mozilla touts enhanced speeds with Firefox 4 Beta for Android update