Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
Actions from Last Week
- Sheila to check on empty-stack crash rates to see if the sync OOM fix moved the needle.
- Yes, it appears to have decreased after that fix was checked in.
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Release (16, 10esr)
Beta Merge To Release in: 0 days
- Targeting a Thursday push for beta 5 (builds are with QA)
- Please hammer at Social API and PB to ensure bug 807217 is working
- Beta 6 will go to build Monday, Nov 12th targeting EOD PT
- Waiting for a security decision on possible whitelist or disable CTP (not desireable) for sites where CTP is broken bug 800018
- Beta 6 will ship next Wednesday, Nov 14th and the merge from m-b to m-r should occur shortly after
- Shooting for a go to build for the final release between 10AM and 12 PT
Next Merge Day: 0 days
Aurora 19 unthrottled: 0 days
Nightly bumped to 20 in: 0 days
Blocked by bug 808720 - stub installer ping is inconsistent
- Affecting Nightly and Aurora. It prevents from enabling it on beta and release.
- go/no-go decision on ARMv6 coming today
- Awesome screen entries populate faster bug 785945
- Honeycomb tab previews now update as you browser bug 787318
- DOMFullscreen elements will now prevent screen from timing out (dimming/turning off) bug 805017
- IME rewrite to make it thread safe has landed, many bugs closed as a result bug 805162
- several crash fixes bug 797705, bug 804926, bug 781259, bug 799877
- truck loads of new telemetry probes
- First draft of users stories ready for review: etherpad
- Iteration on remote tabs: mockup , bug 801056
- Semantic zoom on start page: mockup , bug 807867
- Iterating on "About Firefox" in setting charm: bug 807691
- Reviewed FX Metro user stories and matching them with user actions: etherpad
- Keep focusing on designing P1 features: snap view, bookmarks, topsite UI implementation.
- VC2010 backport is complete on elm. Should have vc10 elm builders doing nightlies this week.
- bug 795887 - Cache corruption should be significantly reduced in Metro due to Firefox closing the cache when it is suspended, r+ed, landing this week.
- Elm to mc merge work continues.
- Proposed new iteration model for development, under review and will post publicly once first draft is agreed to by core team.
- First pass at time estimations done and total under review, will post once information is validated.
Release (1.11 -> Firefox 16, 17)
Stabilization (1.12 -> Firefox 17, 18)
Development (1.13 -> Firefox 18, 19)
No audible this week ( Jeff is on a plane, Mossop is moving house ) but you can look at the Jetpack weekly notes here if you're curious.
Things seem to be going smoothly. Minor issues:
- Copy/Paste in google translate could be broken. Seems to be Windows only. I can't reproduce on Mac. Tyler is having some issues on Windows. 
- Trusteer update might not have reached all users as they'd suggested 
Please read Mobile Notes for an update.
UX & User Research
Market insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Coverage resulted from David Keeler's post on the Security Blog to explain Firefox's HSTS preloaded list.
Coverage from Mozilla's UX blog post outlining new bookmarking prototypes for Firefox.
We worked with Christian Heilmann to pitch to press a myth-busting post on HTML5, to address industry concern over HTML5's readiness. Positive coverage below.
- Mozilla: Don't Abandon Web For Native Mobile Apps
- Mozilla Exec Fires Back at HTML5 App Barbs
- Mozilla Busts HTML5 Myths