Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Firefox Desktop
- 2.2 Firefox Metro
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Services
- 2.5 Add-on SDK
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 User Experience (Design & Research)
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 20.0b7 released yesterday
- 20.0 RC is built & with QA
- Still weighing options for bug 743252
- Firefox Metro Iteration #4: March 14, 2013 - March 27, 2013
- Total Iteration Work:
- 3 existing feature changes.
- 7 existing feature defects.
- 9 new features.
- Currently Completed: 73%
- 2 existing feature change.
- 7 existing feature defects.
- 5 new features
- Remaining Work: 27%
- 1 existing feature changes.
- 0 existing feature defects.
- 4 new features.
|848155||Change - Add Colored Bar with Text to Bottom of Topsites Thumbnails||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|846365||Change - New window opens in desktop Firefox when closing Metro Firefox||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|844954||Defect - Devices that only support DX9 fail to startup in Metro mode||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|851388||Story - Add support for caret selection via touch||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|836791||Story - Junior-style back and new tab overlay buttons||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|831918||Story - Pin, Unpin, Hide, and Restore a Top Site||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|850737||Story - Smoothly scroll the Firefox Start screen||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|831609||Defect - Don't open the home page when launching Metro Firefox for protocol activation, search activation, file activation, and secondary tiles.||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|850398||Defect - popup notification info bar shows again if "Never For This Site" is selected||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849342||Defect - Remember passwords preference does not take effect some times||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|831614||Story - Set up Sync for both Firefoxes in desktop Firefox||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|849608||Change - Auto close about, settings, and sync flyout panels on snap view||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849699||Defect - Cannot Select Email/Password Text Boxes on Twitter||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849604||Defect - Settings list is not populated if opened when program starts||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849607||Defect - Sharing in start screen AND if page has no title, should indicate nothing to share instead of error||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|845155||Story - NewUI - Location Permission info app bar||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|831923||Story - Use the Firefox Start Top Sites tile group in full screen view||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|850415||Story - Locate downloaded or saved files using Windows Search||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|845484||Story - Choose types of private data to clear in the options flyout||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
Iteration Burn Down Chart
- Not shipping 20.0b7 since we're respinning for bug 854340 so we'll ship a 20.0b8 mobile-only before end of week
Firefox Health Report
- Go to beta sign-off later today for desktop Fx21
- Targeting Fx23 for Android
- Full user-facing FHR should be live on all branches next week
- No updates.
Release (1.13.2 -> Firefox 19, 20)
Stabilization (1.14 -> Firefox 20, 21)
Development (Firefox 22)
- no audible this week
- shipped 1.14 yesterday, last version to include SDK apis!
- next new functionality comes in Firefox 22.
Sentiment Report 19 went out last week. We've already received a ton of great feedback. If you have anything else, we'd love to hear about it.</br>
Beta feedback for Per Window Private Browsing and the new Download Manager look good. Both have roughly 4 star ratings. We will be running these studies again in Release shortly after launch. We should be able to use this information to create correlations in the future.
User Experience (Design & Research)
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- Overview of plans for the release next week
Questions, Comments, FYI
- (catlee) funnelcake for new stub installer on beta: are we still running the experiment? any results to share?
- experiment wrapped on on march 25th as planned
- preliminary results show that it is no worse than regular full installer