Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Firefox Desktop
- 2.2 Firefox Metro
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Services
- 2.5 Add-on SDK
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 20.0b7 released yesterday
- 20.0 RC is built & with QA
- Still weighing options for bug 743252
- Firefox Metro Iteration #4: March 14, 2013 - March 27, 2013
- Total Iteration Work:
- 3 existing feature changes.
- 7 existing feature defects.
- 9 new features.
- Currently Completed: 65%
- 2 existing feature change.
- 7 existing feature defects.
- 5 new features
- Remaining Work: 35%
- 1 existing feature changes.
- 0 existing feature defects.
- 4 new features.
|848155||Change - Add Colored Bar with Text to Bottom of Topsites Thumbnails||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|846365||Change - New window opens in desktop Firefox when closing Metro Firefox||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|844954||Defect - Devices that only support DX9 fail to startup in Metro mode||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|851388||Story - Add support for caret selection via touch||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|836791||Story - Junior-style back and new tab overlay buttons||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|831918||Story - Pin, Unpin, Hide, and Restore a Top Site||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|850737||Story - Smoothly scroll the Firefox Start screen||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
|831609||Defect - Don't open the home page when launching Metro Firefox for protocol activation, search activation, file activation, and secondary tiles.||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|850398||Defect - popup notification info bar shows again if "Never For This Site" is selected||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849342||Defect - Remember passwords preference does not take effect some times||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|831614||Story - Set up Sync for both Firefoxes in desktop Firefox||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|849608||Change - Auto close about, settings, and sync flyout panels on snap view||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849699||Defect - Cannot Select Email/Password Text Boxes on Twitter||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849604||Defect - Settings list is not populated if opened when program starts||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|849607||Defect - Sharing in start screen AND if page has no title, should indicate nothing to share instead of error||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|845155||Story - NewUI - Location Permission info app bar||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|831923||Story - Use the Firefox Start Top Sites tile group in full screen view||RESOLVED/VERIFIED|
|850415||Story - Locate downloaded or saved files using Windows Search||RESOLVED/FIXED|
|845484||Story - Choose types of private data to clear in the options flyout||INCOMPLETE - Iteration #5 Carry Over|
Iteration Burn Down Chart
- Not shipping 20.0b7 since we're respinning for bug 854340 so we'll ship a 20.0b8 mobile-only before end of week
Firefox Health Report
- Go to beta sign-off later today for desktop Fx21
- Targeting Fx23 for Android
- Full user-facing FHR should be live on all branches next week
- No updates.
Release (1.13.2 -> Firefox 19, 20)
Stabilization (1.14 -> Firefox 20, 21)
Development (Firefox 22)
- no audible this week
- shipped 1.14 yesterday, last version to include SDK apis!
- next new functionality comes in Firefox 22.
Sentiment Report 19 went out last week. We've already received a ton of great feedback. If you have anything else, we'd love to hear about it.</br>
Beta feedback for Per Window Private Browsing and the new Download Manager look good. Both have roughly 4 star ratings. We will be running these studies again in Release shortly after launch. We should be able to use this information to create correlations in the future.
UX & User Research
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- Overview of plans for the release next week
Questions, Comments, FYI
- (catlee) funnelcake for new stub installer on beta: are we still running the experiment? any results to share?
- experiment wrapped on on march 25th as planned
- preliminary results show that it is no worse than regular full installer