J-PAKE is a technique that allows Alice and Bob to mutually authenticate and agree upon an encryption key, using only a pre-shared secret value. It is a zero-knowledge protocol, meaning this can be done without ever exposing the secret value to the other party.
- Project Lead: dolske
- Guest Star: sidstamm
Working on early investigation.
- Make it possible to establish a TLS session without any CA or Certificate involved, by using J-PAKE and a pre-shared secret.
- Maybe HTTP Auth too?
- Form-based J-PAKE authentication. Maybe later.
- Taking to a standards group/process. Will happen later.
Timeline / Milestones
- 20 Apr @ 1: meeting to talk about initial investigation
These are the bugs of interest:
|bug 12345 - tbd||unfiled|
- Will likely involve adding crypto code to NSS
TBD. QA not needed for initial prototype stage.